Chapter 107: Daylight

Author note: Warning! Spoiler for the first episode of Loki ahead! Sorry for everyone who had already read this chapter and if you haven't seen the episode yet.

I grabbed Cedric's hand and ran as soon as we were out of the hall of Asgard. I didn't care where we went as long as it was far away from the craziness that was my Asgardian family. I knew Mum saw us sneak out, but judging from the smile on her face she didn't mind at all.

Cedric and I were laughing as we ran the glittering halls of the palace, happy we could just be the seventeen-year old's that we were, for the first time in a long time.

I ended up kicking off my heels as we were running because they kept getting caught on my gown and I really didn't want to ruin it because Loki had got it especially for me.

While I may have not thought about where I was leading us, but clearly my subconscious did because we ended up in my favorite place in the whole of Asgard. The gardens. I had so many good memories from my time in the gardens from over the years and it was the one place I felt completely at home in when I was in Asgard.

"I'm guessing these are the gardens you were telling me about," Cedric said as we slowed our pace and I let my hand trail along some of the flowers that bloomed at night

"They are," I smiled as I got lost in all the good memories from the past.

"I can see you and Danny playing here when you were kids," Cedric laughed.

"You wouldn't believe how many times Danny got in to trouble for destroying the plants," I told him, shaking my head at the memories of Danny accidentally ripping apart the rose bushes and not understanding why he was in trouble.

"That I can also see," Cedric said, before stopping so he could look at me while we spoke. "Why did you want to get out of the hall so quickly after Loki and Fandral started arguing?"

"It's complicated," I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair, undoing it from the complicated braids Mum had styled my curls in. "Loki was always treated as second best to Thor his whole life and was always the brunt of Fandral's jokes. Over the thousands of years, they had been alive, not once has Thor stopped Fandral. Even when his jokes hit below the belt, like the whole Sleipnir thing."

"I thought Loki and Thor got along reasonably well," Cedric said as he tried to understand the rivalry.

"Oh, they tolerate each other for Mum's sake but they have never been very close," I explained. "I mean, before they met Mum, Thor was the instigator of a lot of the jokes. You remember the mystery of B.D Cooper that Cassy keeps going on about?"