Chapter 38: Aftermath

Cedric's POV

Cedric's POV

I knew that my mother wasn't going to be happy when she came back to the motel room we were staying in to find I was gone. I had left her a note saying that I couldn't sit around and wait for news on Elsa. I had to try to find her, so I grabbed my jacket and hoped I didn't get lost as I made my way through the streets of Washington. When I walked past some sort of electronics store, I saw a large crowd gathered around the store front. Stopping to listen to what was going on, I heard Captain Rogers speech and breathed a sigh of relief knowing that they were alive. From what he was saying, I assumed they were at the SHIELD head office but from all our walking around the day before, I knew that the building was on the other side of the city.

I had no muggle money on me but I knew I had to try one of those taxi things. Someone would have to take pity on me when I told them how urgent it was that I get to the head office, we at least I hope they did. I tired seven taxis before I finally found a sympathetic one. He was an older man and when I explained that my best friend was meant to be spending the day in the building as some sort of school holiday internship and I just had to find her, he drove me the whole way and didn't ask for anything in return.

"Are you sure you don't want to give me your contact details and I can get my mother to send you the payment?" I asked the kind man as I climbed out of the car.

"No, it's okay son. I remember what it was like to be young and in love. Now go find your girl and stay safe."

"Thank you so much, sir. I will never forget your kindness," I called out as I ran towards the SHIELD buildings and I wasn't lying. I would never forget the old man because of him I might have the chance to help Elsa and I would forever be grateful.

The closer I got to SHIELD, the more the area looked like a war zone. People were ruining everywhere trying to get away from the fighting that was happening both inside and outside the buildings. In the sky, three large machines of some kind were hovering in the air. I remembered Elsa and Danny talking about their Pa being a pilot of a plane but something told me those things were more than planes.

I was about to give up hope on finding Elsa until I saw someone fly through the sky on what looked like a broom. Trying to get a better look at the person, I could see that they had blonde hair and when I saw them create a blizzard out of thin air, I knew it was Elsa. I ran to the lake that Elsa was flying over, desperate to get closer to her. When I reached the edge of the lake I watched in horror as Elsa flew out of the thing in the sky and tried to stay up right on her broom. I knew something was very wrong when she fell off her broom and didn't try to regain control of it.

I don't know how it happened, but her broom fell to the ground quicker than she did and landed close to me. I ran to the broom and picked it up, hoping I could use it to fly over to her. But when I got it in my hands, I saw that it wasn't actually a broom but a golden staff that looked like a broom. Willing to do anything to get to Elsa, I mounted the staff and tried to kick off the ground like I would with a broom but it didn't work.