Chapter 98: Welcome to Hogwarts, Captain America

In the weeks leading up to the last task, Cedric spent every second of free time he had training

In the weeks leading up to the last task, Cedric spent every second of free time he had training. Danny, Loki and me helped him every chance we got, but because it was the end of the year, we all had our exams. Except for Cedric who was exempt from them because of the tournament. But as soon as my last exam was over, I was back in the ancient runes class room that Loki was letting us use for Cedric to practice defensive spells in.

"I am so happy that the exams are finally over," I said as I sat down in Loki's chair behind his desk as Cedric practiced the impedimenta jinx, which stopped or slowed down whoever the jinx hit.

"How did it all go?" Cedric asked me as he turned away from the dummy he was practicing on.

"Okay, I think. But one of the Slytherins cauldrons melted because they put way too much moondew in their draught of living death and it got all over Snape's robes. He was not impressed," I laughed.

"I wish I could have seen his face," Cedric said, laughing at what Snape's reaction probably was.

"You probably can, Cassy has on her Stark Tech glasses so she most likely recorded the whole thing," I told him.

"I'll have to ask her, his face must have...," Cedric began to say but was cut short when a fire ball flew at him, seemingly from know where.

But thanks to the Avengers training that I had been putting him through, Cedric blocked it effortlessly with a non-verbal shield charm. I quickly extinguished the fire ball as he headed towards one of Loki's golden bookshelves.

"Damn, I thought I had you with that one," Danny's voice seemed to come from above us.

"Where in the nine realms are you, Danny?" I asked as I looked around the room.

"Up here, cousin," he said, making Cedric and me look up at the roof where Danny was waving at us from in some sort of air vent.

"How did you get in there?" Cedric asked him.

"I remembered Fred and George mentioning it once awhile back," he told us.

"So, you thought you would try to test Cedric, Clint Barton style?" I asked him.

"Yep, it worked for Clint when he was trying to prank Tony after he swapped out all of his uniforms for Legolas costumes, so I figured it would work for me," Danny said cheerfully.

"Odin's beard, I'm related to a bunch of idiots," I muttered, rubbing my forehead as I felt a headache start to come on. "What would you have done if you hit one of Loki's bookshelves. You know that a lot of these books are from Asgard and are priceless."

"Oh, I didn't think of that," Danny said as he stopped laughing as he thought about what Loki's reactions would be if he destroyed on of his precious books.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Now, I suggest that you get out of that vent before you end up hurting yourself," I told him.

"You're probably right," Danny sighed. "I'm just going to back out of here because I don't think I can get out through the vent without getting stuck."