Chapter 41: Happy endings are real after all

I don't know what time it was when I finally fell asleep in the common room, curled up next to Cedric, but I felt like I had only been asleep for a few minutes when the door of the common room flew open and Professor Sprout came running in

"Everybody up! I have good news! The student has been rescued from the chamber and the petrified students will be receiving the mandrake potion to wake them up any minute now! Professor Dumbledore has returned and called for a celebration feast starting in a few minutes. So, everybody up and get dressed! It's time to celebrate!" Professor Sprout told everyone as we all cheered.

"I can't believe it! Danny's going to be awake soon!" I said as I hugged Maggie who had been missing Danny just as much as I did.

"I know, I feel like it's been years since we have seen him!" she said, smiling.

"Come on you two, we need to head over to the Great Hall or we will never get to see Danny," Cedric said, taking hold of my hand pulling us out of the common room with the rest of the Hufflepuff students.

I could barely sit still as I waited for Danny to arrive. Every time I heard someone move close to the door, I turned hoping it was Danny. The longer I sat at the table waiting, the more my leg bounced up and down. Then I heard it, the voice I had been wanting to hear for the past month.

"Seriously! I've been out of it for a month and none of my friends could be there when I woke up," Danny laughed as I jumped out of my seat and ran over to him.

"I have missed you so much, Danny. I felt like a part of me was petrified with you," I said, hugging him close to me.

"I heard you, you know. Through our bond. I tried so hard to reach out to you, but I couldn't. And I want to you to know, there was nothing you could have done. If you were there with me, you would have been petrified as well," he whispered to me, so that no one else could hear him.

"Hey! Odinson, I hate to admit it but I missed your redneck butt," Cassy said, joining in on our hug.

"We're family, the three of us. Never forget that," Danny said holding both of us close.

"And we will be there for each other, till the end of the line," I added.

"Till the end of the line," both Danny and Cassy said back to me.

"Danny," Maggie said, hesitantly walking over to us.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched Danny run over to Maggie and hug her like he never wanted to let her go again.

"I guess there are happy endings," Cedric said as he walked over to us and put his arm around my shoulder.

When the doors to the great hall opened again, Hermione came running in with Harry and Ron jumping up to meet her half way. The moment was only made better by Hagrid walking in and completing Hogwarts again. It just wasn't Hogwarts without him.