Chapter 101: Waking up

When I opened my eyes, it took me a few seconds to remember what had happened

When I opened my eyes, it took me a few seconds to remember what had happened. But then it all hit me at once, the third task, Cedric, Mum, all of it. I sat up quickly and immediately regretted it. Not only was my head spinning, I also had a splitting headache. Whatever that weird dream thing did to me had really taken its toll. Not that it was going to stop me from finishing off what Mum had told Cedric and me in Ahtohallan. I swung my legs off the side of the bed I was in to see that I was in the hospital wing...again.

"Snowflake! What are you doing? You have been out for a day; you need to stay in bed!" Dad said as he jumped up from the seat he was in and tried to get me to lay back down.

"No, I need to Cedric," I said in a determined voice.

"Else, sweetheart. There's nothing anyone can do, he's not going to wake up," Dad told me in a gentle voice.

"They may be nothing that Madam Pomfrey can do, but I can. I know what to do," I said as I stood up.

"Snowflake...," Dad began to say but I wasn't going to let him finish the sentence.

"No, Dad. You have to trust me, if not me, trust Mum. She told me what I need to do."

"Elsa, your Mum is back in New York and still in her Odin sleep," Dad said cautiously as if he thought I had completely lost it.

"I can't explain it now but she said to tell you that she loves you and that she will be back soon and that it's going to be a safe landing this time," I told him and clearly it hit a nerve by the way he froze to the spot.

"Come on, Elsa. I'll show you where he is," Dad said after letting my words sink in.

He grabbed hold of my hand and led me out of the main area of the hospital wing, into Madam Pomfrey's private quarters. Inside of the small room was a twin bed in which a comatose Cedric was lying. On the set next to him was his Mum who looked like she hadn't stopped crying as she held on to his hand for dear life. Standing at the foot of the bed was Mr. Diggory with a dazed look on his face, like he still couldn't believe what had happened.

"Elsa, sweetie, thank goodness your awake. Cedric wouldn't have wanted to see you like that. He loved you more that you will ever know," Mrs. Diggory said, letting go of Cedric's hand so she could stand up and hug me.

"Thank you but it's not over, not yet. I can help Cedric, I can save him," I told her as I held on to both her hands.

"No, this is absurd! My son is dead and nothing can change that!" Mr. Diggory yelled, pulling his wife away from me and standing in front of Cedric so I couldn't get to him. "I am not letting some delusional teenage girl get our hopes up for nothing!"

I could see Dad start to step forward but I held my hand out, stopping him. This was my fight; my battle and it was one I was going to win because Cedric's life depended on him.