Chapter 142: NEWT's

The two weeks following the twins dramatic exit were interesting to say the least

The two weeks following the twins dramatic exit were interesting to say the least. Poor Lee seemed to have lost that spark that made him who he was without his best friends and pranking partners by his side but Cassy was doing all she could to step into the spot that the twins left. Which included pranking people left, right and center. Not that anyone knew it was actually her that was doing it thanks to her new and improved nano teach. It was driving Umbridge crazy because she knew that it was Cassy who was doing it but she just couldn't prove it.

The portable swamp that I helped the twins set off was still firmly in place and had taken up the whole of the fifth-floor corridor, making Filch have to ferry students across the murky waters which was probably a living hell for him. Umbridge tried to get Professor Flitwick to remove the swamp but he refused saying that he didn't know what type of magic was used to create the swap to there was no way that he could reverse it. We all knew that what he was saying wasn't true but no one wanted to speak out against the beloved charms professor.

Peeves had kept his promise to the twins and was wreaking havoc all over the castle. From dropping dung bombs to tipping over suits of armor, there was nothing that he was off limits for the crazy poltergeist and no one lifted a finger to stop him. I knew that Loki was helping him more than he would admit to me. Even though normal people couldn't see traces of Asgardian magic, another Asgardian could and I had spotted several traces of Loki's green magic on some of the suits of armor that had fallen over or on some of the water pipes that had mysteriously burst. Even Professor McGonagall was quietly helping Peeves, at one point I caught her telling him that the chandelier he was trying to unscrew needed to be turned the other way if he wanted it to fall to the ground. But just like Loki, she would never admit to helping the poltergeist which only made me respect her even more.

Unfortunately, Hagrid's worst fears had come true and he was chased off the school grounds and Grubly-Plank took his place once again. Every care of magical creature's lesson I had to remind myself that it wasn't long until the exams and then I wouldn't have to see her ever again. But it didn't stop me from missing Hagrid during every, single lesson.

Lessons had become solely revision lessons which sent almost everyone insane. The Ravenclaw's had become almost unbearable to be around, continuously quizzing each other randomly and never shutting up what the probabilities of what topics would be on the exams. Most of the Slytherins were boasting how they didn't have to worry about the exams because of who they knew, giving the good Slytherins a bad name. The Gryffindor's were charging into the exams with their usual confident attitudes and pulled all nighters, saying that sleep was for wimps. Those of us in Hufflepuff supported each other and helped each other study, even if that meant forcing a certain cousin to sleep instead of studying.

"Danny, you need to sleep! If you don't sleep, you won't be able to even get to the exams," I told my cousin who was sitting up in the common room late on the night before our first exam.

"But I need to remember what each of the rune symbols mean," Danny cried out as he turned around to face me.

I had never seen Danny look worse in my life. He had massive dark rings under his eyes from lack of sleep, his hair was messed up from running his hands through it in frustration and his shirt was creased from wearing for who knows how many days.