Chapter 19: The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing House Points

The next day when everyone woke up the first thing that people noticed were the large amount of points Gryffindor had lost over night

The next day when everyone woke up the first thing that people noticed were the large amount of points Gryffindor had lost over night. I just knew it had to have something with what Charlie was doing in Hogsmeade the day before, which had to mean that a dragon was involved somehow. I was determined that the next time I saw him, I was going to make Charlie tell me every last detail about what happened.

The one thing that people did know was Harry, Hermione as well as another Gryffindor first year Neville Longbottom and the Slytherin boy from that night in the library Draco Malfoy had all got detention for being out of bed at night. I guessed the only reason that Ron didn't get detention as well was because he was stuck in the hospital wing with his 'dog bite'.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the points missing from Gryffindor were courtesy of the three first years. The whole school were treating them like they had just committed the crime of the century. I could understand that people were upset because of the lost points, for the first time it looked like someone other than Slytherin was going to win the house cup. But they didn't deserve to be treated the way they were.

Seeing Harry sitting alone at the Gryffindor table at breakfast was breaking my heart. He just looked so little and alone, it was one of the saddest things I had even seen. I didn't know where Hermione or the other boy Neville were, but I guessed they didn't want to face the stares of their fellow students.

When I saw Harry walk out of the great hall without eating anything for breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and followed the boy out. There was still snow on the grounds, even though it was almost the end of winter, which made it easier to follow the young boy. The footsteps lead me to the court yard in front of the clock tower. He was sitting on one of the stone benches with a snowy white owl perched on his arm. He was saying something softly to the owl but I couldn't make out what it was.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, walking over to Harry

"Elsa! I didn't hear you walk up," he said, slightly startled.

"Let's just say, snow is kinda my thing. No one ever hears me coming when snow is around," I laughed, brushing off the snow from the bench and sitting down next to Harry.