Chapter 125: The first meeting

A few days after Cedric spoke to Umbridge about reinstating the Hufflepuff quidditch team, Cedric came running into the common room looking a lot happier than I had seen him in a long time

A few days after Cedric spoke to Umbridge about reinstating the Hufflepuff quidditch team, Cedric came running into the common room looking a lot happier than I had seen him in a long time. When he reached where I was sitting with Danny and Amanda, he dropped his bag on to the floor and sat down next to me.

"Great news! I've got permission for the team to continue!"

"YES!" Danny yelled, jumping up and punching the air in excitement. "I knew that old hag of a toad couldn't stop us playing."

"Pity it has been pouring for days which means we can't train," Amanda pointed out as Danny looked over to the window in the common room which was just above ground level and almost completely flooded over.

"Oh, yeah, right. Forgot about that," Danny said less enthusiastically as he sat back down.

"Hey, if you want, I can organise a personal training session just for you if you want to go out and fly in rain," Cedric laughed.

"Yeah, no thanks, dude. I'm good stay inside...where it's, you know, dry," Danny told him.

"Are you sure, Danny Boy? You did sound very excited to get out onto the pitch," I joked.

"You know what, ice queen, you can shove it!" Danny laughed.

"Oh, it's so on, Danny Boy," I said with a smirk, creating a snow flurry over his head.

"Okay! Okay! You win! I surrender!" Danny laughed as he held his hands up to stop the cold snow falling on him.

With a wave of my hand, I made the snow flurry and the snow disappear. But it didn't stop Danny from shaking his head to make sure that all of the snow was out of his hair. We were all laughing so much that none of us realised that Maggie had walked over to us.

"Um, hi, I was wondering if I could speak to Cedric and Danny. There are a few things I want to say," Maggie stuttered, glancing over at me as she spoke.

"You know what, I have to go and talk to Harry about, um, stuff," I said standing up and grabbing Amanda's hand. "And you can come with me, Mandy."