Chapter 14: Professor Loki

The first class of the day was ancient runes and I was excited to actually have Loki as a teacher for the first time

The first class of the day was ancient runes and I was excited to actually have Loki as a teacher for the first time. I rushed breakfast and basically ran to class with Danny and Cedric chasing after me, laughing. Henry was taking Muggle studies instead of ancient runes and Maggie had only elected to do care of magical creatures and arithmancy because of how complicated the subject was. Which meant she had a free period and was lucky enough to be able to sleep in.

We call continued to laugh as we made our way into the classroom only to find we were the first students there. We took seats in the front row with Danny and Cedric sitting on either side of me. I had never been in his rooms before because we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, I mean what possible excuse could first and second year students have for visiting the ancient runes professor.

Looking around the classroom, I felt like I had just stepped into Asgard. The walls were light golden looking cream with golden accents and bookshelves lined one of them. Marble pillars stood in each corner of the room and the widows had sheer cream-coloured curtains tied back on to either side of them. Loki's desk was pure gold with the same runes that were on his wrist gauntlets carved into it. The chair behind was made of a dark wood that almost looked black with a green shimmer over it and sat in front of the blackboard.

"What can I say, it's a little bit of home," Loki announced walking out of his rooms that attached to the classroom. It was still strange seeing him with the glamour, I was just so used to seeing him with his pale skin and black hair that it still shocked me every now and then.

"Does Odin know you have lifted half of Asgard for your classrooms," I laughed as I got up to look at the books that lined the wall.

"Well, mother did help me get a few items. So technically, it's not stealing," Loki told me, sitting on his desk.

"Odin's not going to be happy when he finds his favourite armchair missing from the library," Danny commented, looking over at the leather chair that sat in one of the corners of the room.

"Do you guys visit Asgard a lot?" Cedric asked, still fascinated after all the years of knowing us.

"Elsa more than me, but we tend to go once or twice a year as a family," Danny answered as a certain book got my attention.

The title was written completely in runes but I had no trouble reading it. The unknown power was written in golden letters on the dark leather cover. When I picked it up, it felt warm in my hands. I could feel Loki watching me with great interest but before I had the chance to ask him why, I heard the rest of the class start to arrive. I quickly put the book back on the shelf and sat back down at my desk. Cedric shot me a confused look and shook my head to say to him that I would talk to him later as Loki got down off his desk.

I was surprised to see Cassy walk into the room with her friends Alicia and Angelina. I never thought that ancient runes would be her type of thing, but considering the only other option was muggle studies I guessed she really didn't have a choice. And being a Stark, there was no way she wasn't going to take all the subjects she possibly could.