Chapter 82: A Letter and Lessons with Loki

After Loki spoke to Dumbledore, well more like yelled at Dumbledore if the rumors were to be believed, Moody stopped with the unforgivable curse's threats with the class

After Loki spoke to Dumbledore, well more like yelled at Dumbledore if the rumors were to be believed, Moody stopped with the unforgivable curse's threats with the class. But not with all the classes, Harry told me that he had been putting the fourth years under the imperious curse and making them fight it off. I knew that the man had to be breaking at least a dozen laws but no one at the ministry seemed to care.

What was even worse was what it was doing to poor Neville. I had found him in the library after the first lesson he had with Moody. The poor boy was sitting on the floor with his arms wrapped around his kneed as he rocked back and forth. When I asked him what was wrong, I wanted to go and freeze Moody's wooden leg to the floor. Neville told me that his parents we aurors and we tourture by Bellatrix Lestrange, who was a death eater and part of Voldemort's inner circle, with the cruciatus curse to the point of insanity and were now in St Mungo's permanently. Moody would have known what happened to Neville's parents because he was an auror as well. I spent an hour with my arms wrapped around Neville while we sat on the library floor before I finally managed to calm him down.

The strange thing was that I had read about Moody before and yes, he was incredibly paranoid and who could blame him with how many dark witches and wizards he had put in to Azkaban. But nothing ever mentioned how cruel he was, just how he was an amazing wizard. Either he had completely lost his mind or something was really wrong.

I had mentioned this to Loki and he felt the same way. He had also assured me that he was going to look into it because he felt that something was wrong and he was going to find out what it was. And when Loki put his mind to something, nothing stopped him until he found out the truth.

Another person who wasn't acting like themselves was Cedric. I knew that it had something to do with the tournament and his dad, but I just didn't know what. He had got a letter from his dad a few days after the tournament was announced and that was when he had suddenly become very quiet. Which was why I was searching through the library on a Sunday morning looking for my boyfriend. Danny had told me that he was gone when he woke up in the morning and had left a note that he was studying in the library. But I knew he wasn't studying; I don't know how I did but I just knew it. I eventually found him in the very back of the library, leaning against one of the bookshelves, running his hand through his hair as he thought about something.

"Need help finding a book?" I asked him as I leaned next to him.

"Hey, love," he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"What's wrong, Ced. I know something's wrong, so don't tell me it's nothing," I said with my head resting on his shoulder.

"It's Dad, he, well, why don't you read the letter for yourself," he told me, pulling away and pulling a letter out of his pocket and giving it to me.

I took the letter from him and sat down at the table that was close by and starting reading the letter that Cedric's dad had sent him.

Cedric,