Chapter 72: The great escape

Buckbeak and Theo were playing together while we waited at the edge of the forest, near the whomping willows

Buckbeak and Theo were playing together while we waited at the edge of the forest, near the whomping willows. I hated just sitting around and doing nothing, but there wasn't anything we could do but wait. Time seemed to drag on and on as we sat in the forest, just waiting for something to happen.

"At least someone's enjoying himself," Hermione said as Buckbeak settled down on a pile of leaves with Theo and started to eat the ferrets that she and Cedric brought for him.

"After everything he's been through, he deserves it," I said, smiling as I watched the pair start to fall asleep.

"Hermione, before. Down by the lake. I was with Sirius and Elsa. I did see someone...that someone made the dementors go away...," Harry said hesitantly.

"With a Patronus. I know, I saw it too. It's the only explanation for the giant glowing dear I saw. Well, either that or I was going crazy," I finished for him.

"I heard Snape telling Dumbledore the same thing when we were taken to the hospital. According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it," Hermione told him.

"Maybe that's what Snape thinks, but I can make a fully formed Patronus," I told her.

"Are you sure, Elsa? I mean it's one of the most difficult spells to preform," Hermione said, doubting me.

"Not if you have a happy enough memory," I snapped at her, over how much she had been doubting me over the past few hours.

"She's right, I've seen it," Harry said proudly.

"What is your Patronus?" Cedric asked me.

"A snow leopard cub. It's really cute," I said told him. "But it wasn't a snow leopard cub that we saw, it was a deer. So, who was it who saved us?"

"It was my dad," Harry said as Hermione looked at him like he had gone crazy. "It was my dad who conjured the Patronus."

"But, Harry, your dad's..." Hermione said, not able to finish her sentence.

"Dead. I know. I'm just telling you what I saw," Harry said, fighting back tears.

"No one is ever truly gone, Harry. Whether they live on in our hearts or in the halls of Valhalla, they never leave us," I told him, trying to make him feel a little bit better.

"Thank you, Elsa. That means a lot," Harry told me.

"Here we come," Hermione said, pointing to our other selves heading towards the whomping willows.

The first part of our wait was over. Now we just needed to wait for us to come back out.

 Now we just needed to wait for us to come back out