Chapter 136: Things even a seer can't foresee

The interview with Rita Skeeter was

The interview with Rita Skeeter was...interesting to say the least. Both Hermione and I had to keep reminding her of our warnings. But by the end of the interview, it seemed as if she finally got the idea that the story was going to be written our way, not hers.

But two weeks later, when the latest issue of The Quibbler was due out, Cedric was a nervous wreck. When I got up in the morning, which was at least an hour earlier than anyone else just as usual, Cedric was already up and pacing around the common room, looking like he hadn't at all slept the night before.

"If you couldn't sleep, babe, you should have woken me up," I said, sitting down on the arm of the couch that Cedric was pacing behind. "What's wrong?"

"Then neither of us would have slept and there was no point in that, is there?" Cedric said with a small smile.

"Funny, Ced but don't avoid the question," I said, pulling him down on to the couch.

"My father is never going to speak to me again after this," Cedric sighed, turning away from me so I couldn't see the pain on his face. "I mean, I don't regret doing the interview for a single second. People deserve to know the truth, even if they don't believe it. But in doing so, I have just cut my last tie to my father. He will never forgive me after this."

"Hey, don't think like that," I said, gently place my hand on his cheek and making him look at me. "He will forgive you and soon enough all of this is going to seem like a bad dream. He's just scared and doesn't want to believe that Voldemort was back. I mean, in the muggle world, if you told people that, oh I don't know, Hitler was back they wouldn't want to believe it. Even if the man was dancing around in front of them, doing the Macarena."

Cedric chuckled at my explanation, imaging one of the most despised men in muggle history doing the 90's dance craze which I had shown him videos of over the summer.

"But more importantly," I said, continuing on from what I was saying. "He's scared that he would lose you again. He came so close to it last year and he doesn't want to go through that again. If he accepted that Voldemort was back, he would have to realise that the likelihood of another wizarding war happening was high and that would mean that you would be in danger. Because we all know that Voldemort doesn't like to leave loose ends."

"But your dad doesn't act like that," Cedric pointed out. "He let you join the Avengers and let you fight for what you believe him and doesn't try to stop you."

"It doesn't mean that he doesn't worry, he just knows that I'm too much like him to back down from a fight. We're both way too stubborn for our own good. Jumping into things head first if we think that even one person was in danger," I told him. "Besides, it wasn't really like he had any choice in Washington. I was an eye witness to everything that Hydra has done which made me a liability. I was going to be a part of that fight whether he liked it or not. Leaving me behind would have meant that Hydra would have killed me for sure but in taking me along with him and letting me fight, he could at least keep an eye on me."