Chapter 52: On the wings of a dragon

The moment I sat down and closed my eyes, I felt the seat next to me shift as someone sat down beside me

The moment I sat down and closed my eyes, I felt the seat next to me shift as someone sat down beside me. I figured that if I kept my eyes closed that whoever it was would just assume I was asleep but I was wrong.

"So, you are Captain America's daughter," Pietro said, trying to sound casual.

"Yes, that I am," I replied, wondering what he was getting at.

"It must be hard, flying all over the world to help everyone, never staying in one place very long," he commented as he leaned back in his seat and resting his hands behind his neck.

"Not really. I'm at school in Scotland for most of the year. So, I live a pretty boring life, really," I told him.

"So, do you have a lot of friends at your school in Scotland," Pietro asked, keeping up his constant stream of questions.

"I have a pretty close group of friends. I mean, Cassy's there and so is my cousin, Danny, who is more like my twin," I told him, starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable.

"I'm guessing you don't have a boyfriend then? I mean, you didn't bring one up," he said, as I realised where he was going with his questions and tried to stop myself from laughing.

"I'm sorry, Pietro. But I do have a boyfriend. His name is Cedric and he's also my best friend," I said, trying my best not to hurt his feelings.

"I told you, brother," Wanda laughed as she walked over to us. "I told you she had a boyfriend and now you have embarrassed yourself."

I felt sorry Pietro as he glowed red from his sisters embarrassing comment. The way she poked fun at him reminded me of how Danny and I acted with each other.

"No, it's okay. You didn't know for sure that I had a boyfriend. But I am very flattered. You are a very sweet guy, Pietro. Never forget that," I told him, making him smile.

"Thank you, Elsa. You are very kind," Pietro said as Loki walked over to us.

"Elsa, we are almost at the Romanian border. It's time to leave."