Chapter 91: The man in the cave and S.P.E.W

The next weekend Cedric and I met up with Harry, Ron and Hermione in Hogsmeade so we could all met up with Sirius at the same time

The next weekend Cedric and I met up with Harry, Ron and Hermione in Hogsmeade so we could all met up with Sirius at the same time. I still thought it was crazy of him to even step foot back into the UK while there was still an active search for him but I also understood that he wanted to make sure that Harry was safe. So, I was going to do everything I could to make sure that he was safe if it was the last thing that I did.

As we walked through the main streets of Hogsmeade, a man with shoulder length dark hair and a scarf wrapped around his neck so that it covered the lower half of his face caught my attention. There was something very familiar about the man but when I turned to have another look at him, he seemed to have vanished into thin air. So, I figured that I must have been seeing things and when Cedric asked me what was wrong, I told him it was nothing. I didn't want him thinking that I was pushing myself to far like Loki was, he had way too much to worry about than me going crazy and hearing and seeing things that weren't real.

When we arrived at the Three Broomsticks there was a large black, shaggy dog waiting outside and we all knew that it was Sirius. I assumed that he hadn't had anything proper to eat for a while so I had gone to Dobby and asked him if there was any extra food lying around the kitchen. Of course, Dobby came back with a picnic basket full of food which I had packed into my backpack. In his dog form, Sirius could smell the food in my bag and barked happily at me while waging his tail.

Once he had calmed down, Sirius led up out of the village and up on of the mountains that was on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. It was quite a hike and some of us were talking the walk better than the others.

"Bloody hell, how much further up do we have to go," Ron whined as we continued to follow Sirius.

"For heaven's sake, Ronald! Go and wait to us in the Three Broomsticks if the walk is bothering you that much," Hermione snapped at him.

"I'm not complaining, I was just wondering. That's all," Ron sulked, making Hermione roll her eyes at him.

I couldn't help the small smirk that appeared on my face as I listened to the pair bicker. It was so clear that they liked each other but wouldn't admit it to themselves or each other. When I looked over a Cedric, he had the same smirk on his face and smiled at me, telling me he had picked up on it as well.

Eventually Sirius led us in to a cave that was on the mountain and turned back into his human form. The poor man was still wearing the same prison uniform that he had on the last time we saw him, his hair was long and matted together and he had lost so much weight he almost looked like a skeleton.

"Please tell me some of that food is for me, Elsa?" he asked me in a husky voice making it clear it had been a long time since he had spoken to anyone.

"Of course, it is, I had a friend of mine put it together specially for you," I said as I pulled the food out of my backpack and handed to him.

"You are an angel, Elsa," he said as he started eating the chicken leg that Dobby had packed.