Chapter 103: Country roads, take me to the place I belong

A couple of days after Cedric arrived, I got a letter from Newt confirming the location of the Wampus and telling me that we needed to move quickly because there were rumors about a group of wizards hunting them for their fur

A couple of days after Cedric arrived, I got a letter from Newt confirming the location of the Wampus and telling me that we needed to move quickly because there were rumors about a group of wizards hunting them for their fur. Even though it was still early in the morning, I wasn't going to waste any time in getting to them.

"Come on Cedric, we have some mountains to climb," I said as I grabbed the keys to my Gran's jeep that she let me use when I was back at home.

"I'm sorry, we're doing what?" Cedric asked me, still half asleep as he sat at the kitchen table with my parents.

"Mountain climbing, there's a pack of wampus that need protecting," I told him while I packed my backpack with everything I would need.

"Trust me Cedric, there's no point in arguing with her. This is how we ended up going to Arizona to look for Thunderbirds," Dad laughed.

"Hey, you liked Frank!" I said, spinning to look at my dad with my hands on my hips.

"I know, Frank was amazing," Dad admitted.

"Now that we have settled that, it's time to go," I said, shouldering my backpack.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," Cedric laughed, standing up from the table.

"Bye Mum, Bye Dad. Love you both," I called out over my shoulder.

"Love you too and be safe," Dad called back.

"I always am, Dad!"

I led Cedric out of the house, down to the grave driveway to where Gran's red Jeep was parked right next to Pa's truck. I knew that it looked comical, me standing next to the jeep which made me look like a little kid standing next to a small car and it became funnier as I hoisted myself up so that I could climbing into the driver's seat. So, I really couldn't blame Cedric for being a little hesitant about getting into the Jeep with me.

"Uh, Elsa, you do know how to drive, don't you?" Cedric asked as his hand over the door handle.

"Don't be stupid, of course I know how to drive," I told him as I started the Jeep, thankful that my Gran was the same height as me so I didn't have to adjust the seat. "Now, get in the car."

"I swear, if this is how I die after everything that has happened, I will come back and haunt you for the rest of your life," Cedric joked as he climbed into the Jeep.

"Funny, Cedric. You just better be grateful it's me driving and not Danny. He tends to be a bit of a lead foot," I told him as I hooked my phone up to the car and putting my music on.

"Why dose that not surprise me," Cedric laughed as I pulled out of the driveway. "Now, where are we actually going and don't just say the mountains."

"The Appalachian Mountains. I got a letter from Newt confirming my research and telling me that there is a group of hunters after them. So, if we can get to them and get proof that they have made a home there, we can send it to MACUSA and then they can declare it a sanctuary and put-up protection wards around them," I explained.