Chapter 67: OWLs

The first week of May brought the OWL exams with it as well as the end of quidditch season

The first week of May brought the OWL exams with it as well as the end of quidditch season. After losing to Slytherin, we had come in second after Gryffindor who has won. When you looked at the way that Oliver Wood cradled the trophy, you would have thought it was the quidditch world cup. I wouldn't have been surprised if he got caught trying to sneak the trophy home with him. Oliver lived and breathed quidditch, as much as he was a nice guy, he really needed to get some sort of life outside of quidditch.

"There is no way I'm going to remember all of this for the charms!" Danny complained as we ate breakfast the morning our OWL's we due to start before swapping to talk to me through our bond. You have to have to help me out during the exams, Elsa. No one will know.

I am not helping you cheat Danny. You know as well as I do that Professor Dumbledore knows about our bond, so you can be sure that there will be an extra charm on the anti-cheating quills.

"I'm gonna fail, then spend the rest of my life as a squib and you know what, I'm okay with that," Henry stated as he stared blankly at the wall.

"Don't be silly, Henry. You are going to do fine," I told him as I reread my study notes, too nervous to eat.

So enough, Henry and Danny were debating if it was worth living the rest of their lives as squibs with Hamish yelling at them to be quite because he was studying. I had noticed that Cedric was being unusually quiet and when I looked up at him, he was white as a ghost.

"Cedric, let's go and get some air before the exams start," I told him, gently pulling him up with me.

He didn't argue or say a word as he picked up his messenger bag and followed me out of the hall. When we were in the courtyard, I pulled him over to one of the stone benches and sat down. I reached over and took hold of his hands, which were warm compared to my cold ones.

"Ced, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"What if I fail? What will my father say? He would never forgive me," Cedric said, his voice breaking with emotion in every word he said.

"Cedric Diggory, you are not going to fail. You are one of the smartest people I know and that's saying something because I know Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Loki," I told him.

"No, I'm not. Elsa, what am I going to do," he said as he held back tears.

"Everything is going to be okay, trust me. I'm half Asgardian, we know these things," I joked, making Cedric smile a little.

"I wasn't aware that all Asgardians were psychic as well," he said, sounding a little bit more like himself.

"Well, I'm just full of secrets," I continued to joke, flicking hair over my shoulder.

"How are you not nervous?" Cedric asked, running a hand through his hair like he always did when he was nervous.

"It comes with facing the end of the world on a daily basis and having a somewhat eidetic memory," I told him. "But, seriously. Everything is going to be fine; I promise."