Chapter 33: The Legend of the Winter Solider

Dad quickly dragged Fury away from the window and I immediately applied pressure to the wound on his chest, icing my hands over hoping to slow down the bleeding

Dad quickly dragged Fury away from the window and I immediately applied pressure to the wound on his chest, icing my hands over hoping to slow down the bleeding. Furry handed a USB to Dad who quickly placed it into one of his pockets.

"Don't... trust anyone," he wheezed before passing out.

The sound of someone trying to kick the door in made me grab my cosmic staff again, prepared for whatever came through the door. Someone was calling out through the door and I figured out who it was seconds before the door was kicked in.

"Captain Rogers?" Kate said, walking into the apartment with a gun drawn. "Captain, I'm Agent 13 of SHIELD Special Service."

When she said that she was with SHIELD, I finally figured out who she was. She was that agent I remembered glaring at Mum and me at the SHIELD offices in New York just after Dad was rescued from the ice.

"Kate?" Dad asked, not sounding impressed at all.

"I'm assigned to protect you."

"Yeah, by who's orders?" I asked, pointing my cosmic staff at her.

"His," she said looking at Fury on the floor.

I didn't pay any attention to whatever she was calling out on her SHIELD radio, instead I was cautious looking out the window at the man who was still staring into the apartment. A SHIELD agent asked of anyone knew where the shooter was.

"Tell him I'm in pursuit," Dad said, grabbing his shield and jumping out of the window.

With my comic staff in hand, I followed Dad out of the window. Thanking God that I played quidditch, I mounted my comic staff like it was my nimbus 2000 and took off after them. Dad and I chased the assassin through office buildings and over roof tops. We finally caught up to the assassin on one of the rooftops where Dad threw his shield at the man but in one swift movement, the assassin caught it and threw it back at Dad before jumping off the roof and disappearing.

"Elsa, do not tell your mother that you followed me. I think she would kill us both."

"Don't worry, Dad. I wasn't going to."