Chapter 102: Good old country comfort

When the school year was finally over Mum and Dad thought it would be if we spent some time at the family farm in Nashville before we head to Asgard and I couldn't have agreed more

When the school year was finally over Mum and Dad thought it would be if we spent some time at the family farm in Nashville before we head to Asgard and I couldn't have agreed more. I had missed the Bentley family farm but not as much as I had missed my Gran and Pa. Part of me couldn't wait to run onto the Avengers quinjet and start the journey back to the place that I spent the first four years of my life but the other part didn't want to leave Cedric after everything that had happened. But in his usual fashion, Mr. Diggory didn't want to let his son do what he wanted and let him find out what he is now capable of. No, he wanted to make him go back to their home so they can 'talk' about what Cedric should do with his life now. In other words, it was Mr. Diggory wanted to yell at Cedric for letting him down and judging by the way he looked at me at the train station, trying to convince him to break up with his 'half breed' girlfriend who have saved his life. And I actually heard him to use the words 'half-breed' when he was talking to Mrs. Diggory who promptly hit her husband over the back of his head.

Seeing how much not I, but Dad as well, wanted to yell at Mr. Diggory, Mum pulled us away from the man and into the waiting car before either of us could lose it at him. But the second I stepped off the quinjet and into the fresh country, I immediately calmed down and felt more relaxed and I became excited when I saw Pa's old orange pickup truck waiting in the airport carpark.

 But the second I stepped off the quinjet and into the fresh country, I immediately calmed down and felt more relaxed and I became excited when I saw Pa's old orange pickup truck waiting in the airport carpark

"There she is, my little sunflower," Pa said I ran over to him. "I heard you had quite the year at school."

"That is the understatement of the century, Pa," I told him as he kissed the top of my head.

"Now where is this English boyfriend of yours? Monty's grandson. I thought he was coming back with you," Pa said as he looked around the carpark for Cedric.

"His Dad wanted to have some time with him after everything that happened," Mum told him.

"Well then, I guess I'm just gonna have to wait to meet the boy then," as the five of us walked over the truck, Dad carrying my school trunk.

"Shot gun!" I called out like a little kid as I ran to the passenger seat. I don't know why but being around Pa always made me feel I was little again. Maybe it was all the good memories of the fun times we had when I was younger or maybe it was because even though he was in his 80's, he only looked like he was in his early 60's while acting like he was still in his 20's. But whatever the reason was, I loved the way I felt when I was back at home with him.