Chapter 148: Endings and New Beginnings

The next morning, I honestly didn't feel like going down to the great hall for breakfast

The next morning, I honestly didn't feel like going down to the great hall for breakfast. Instead, I told Amanda that I still had a bit of a headache and that I would meet up with everyone later. She knew that wasn't all it was but she knew me well enough to know that I wasn't ready to talk about it just yet. So, she took Olaf, who I had kept my promise too and turned him back to his normal form as soon as I could and left me alone to my thoughts and to look out the window at the Hogwarts grounds.

I didn't realise how much I was going to miss Hogwarts until that very moment. The old stone castle that got way too drafty in winter and way to hot in summer, the green grounds that Hagrid took such pride in looking after, playing quidditch and even the old four poster beds in the dorms. But part of growing up was having to move on from the comforts of childhood and there was no going back. But I could leave knowing that I had good memories from the past seven years and had made some of the best friends that I knew that I would be close to for the rest of my life.

I don't know how long I was sitting there just looking out the window but at some point of time I heard someone walk into the room and looked up to see Samantha standing at the door. I honestly couldn't think of anything I could have done to set her off recently but then again, she never really had a reason to hate me in the first place other than being a bully.

"What do you want Samantha?" I sighed. "It's our second last day at Hogwarts, can't whatever you want to yell at me wait until we get off the train because I kinda want to enjoy my last few days here as much as I can."

"I'm not here to yell at you, Elsa," Samantha said as she walked into the room and sat on the end of my bed. "I wanted to tell you that I am sorry for how I have treated you the last seven years. Things haven't always been the best at home and I guess I took them out on you because you always seemed to have the perfect life. But now I know that your life has been just as hard as mine, if not harder."

"You don't need to apologise to me, Samantha," I said to her. "I could have been a little nicer to you as well and looked past everything to see that you were hurting about something. And no one's problems are worse than anyone else's, just different."

"Thanks, Elsa," she said with a small smile. "You know what, under different circumstances, I think we could have actually been friends."

"Who says we still can't be friends."

"You know what, Rogers. Your right. So, what do you say, friends?" Samantha asked, holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Of course," I said, shaking her hand. "From here on out, we're friends."

"I'm going to like telling people that I'm friends with a superhero," Samantha said as she stood up and walked back over to the door to head out before pausing for a second. "Oh, and your sister said that she would be up in a second and not to move. But whatever, I'll see you later Rogers."

I sat on my bed, trying to figure out who the Hel would be calling themselves my sister but it turned out I didn't have to wait long. Before I knew it, someone was knocking at the dorm rooms door and quoting a very familiar song.