Chapter 50: A new vision

Elsa's POV

Elsa's POV

It was decided that Dad, Nat, Clint and I would go to Soul to rescue Dr. Cho while Mum, Tony and Cassy would go to NEXUS in Oslo. Furry had insisted that Loki stay with him so they could be our backup but I honestly believed that it was because Fury still didn't trust Loki, even after all these years.

Dad and I were standing on the roof of Dr. Cho's lab as Clint and Nat hovered above in the quinjet. The city was as busy as ever on the streets below us, not knowing the chaos that Ultron was about to unleash on them.

"Two minutes. Stay close," Dad said to Clint and Nat through our secure channel.

"Come on, let's get this over with. The less we need to see of Ultron, the better," I said to Dad as I twirled my staff in my hands.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Dad said as we started to make out way into the lab.

The inside of the lab looked like a bomb had exploded in it. There was equipment lying in ruins all over the floor and years of research has been destroyed. In the corner of the room Dr. Cho was sitting against the wall and she looked like she had been wounded.

"Dr. Cho! Are you okay?" I asked her as I ran to her side.

"He's uploading himself into the body," Dr. Cho said to us, ignoring her injuries as she tried to stand up.

"Where?" Dad asked her.

"The real power is inside the cradle. The gem, its power is uncontrollable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark!" Dr. Cho pleaded; her voice filled with fear.

"First we have to find it," Dad told her, reluctant to leave the doctor alone with her injuries.

"Go," she told us, brushing off her wounds again.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" I asked her.

"I'll be fine. Now go stop Ultron before he destroys the world."

"Did you guys copy that?" Dad asked Nat and Clint over the comms.

"We did," Clint told him.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him," Nat informed us as we made our way out of the lab.

"Is Ultron already on the jet or is he still making his way over?" I asked, hoping we still had time to catch Ultron.

"There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above the both of you, Cap, Stargirl. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the cradle, one in the cab. I could take the driver out," Clint told us, as I mounted my staff and kicked off the ground and flying as fast as I could to get to the truck.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw Ultron out," Dad told Clint as he jumped on to the roof of the truck next to where I had just landed.