Chapter 8: Welcome to Hufflepuff

The moment everyone had finished eating, the plates cleared themselves and students started to head off to their dorms for the night

The moment everyone had finished eating, the plates cleared themselves and students started to head off to their dorms for the night. All the first-year students hovered around the tables as we waited to be told where to go. One of the older students, who had on Gryffindor robes and red hair as bright as the twins did, stood up on one of the benches to get our attention.

"Hello everyone, I'm Bill Weasley! Welcome to Hogwarts! I'm the head boy but don't worry, I'm not going to put you in to detention or anything. I'll probably see you there," he laughed, looking down at all of us from his spot standing on the bench.

"You tell 'em Bill!" Fred called out from the back of the crowd.

"And yes, that is one of my annoying younger brothers who just called out. But ignore him, it's what I do," Bill said, making George laugh uncontrollably before Fred hit him to make him stop.

"Now you see what I mean," Bill said, waving over at his younger twin brothers. "But moving on, it's time to tell you what's going on for the rest of the night and tomorrow. The prefects for your house will show you back to your dorms where all your things will be waiting for you. Those of you who have pet owls will be able to find them over at the owlery, the rest of your pets will be waiting for you in your rooms. Tomorrow, your head teachers will hand out your time table and you will start your lessons. For those of you who don't know who your head teacher is, I'll tell you know. For Gryffindor it's Professor McGonagall, Hufflepuff is Professor Sprout, Ravenclaw is Professor Flitwick and for Slytherin it's Professor Snape. I'm sure that they will introduce themselves to you later. But now it's time to head off to your dorms and I hope you enjoy the rest of your night."

When Bill jumped off the bench, the prefects started to gather the students in their house. A short girl from Hufflepuff, with dark skin and wildly crazy dark hair was smiling and waving at to get our attention.

"Hey, everyone! I'm Rose Little and yes, I've heard all the jokes about my height before. I'm one of the two 7th grade prefects for Hufflepuff. So, if you need to talk to anyone one about absolutely anything at all, I'm your girl. Now if you will follow me, I'll show you the way to the best dorm in all of Hogwarts!"

"Do you know where the dorms are," I asked Cedric as we all started to follow Rose out of the hall.

"All Dad would tell me was it's on the lower levels."

"It's not gonna be in the dungeons or somethin'," Danny asked, running to catch up to us as he got lost in the crowd.

"I don't think it would be in the dungeons. It's not very welcoming," Maggie said, making Danny blush.

And you made fun of me because of Cedric, I laughed at him through our bond.

Shut up, Elsa. Don't try to turn this around on to me, you so have a crush on Cedric.

If I have a crush on Cedric, then you definitely have a crush on Maggie, I joked, making Danny glare at me.

After heading down one of the levels, we ended up in a long hallway and at the end of the hallway was a wall full of barrels. Stopping in front of the barrels, Rose turned to face all of us and made sure that no one else was around.