Chapter 95: The Yule Ball Part 2

The Great Hall was decorated like a winter wonderland, everything had an icy coating to it, there was snow falling from the enchanted ceiling that never actually reached the ground and there were three large Christmas trees at the end of the hall

The Great Hall was decorated like a winter wonderland, everything had an icy coating to it, there was snow falling from the enchanted ceiling that never actually reached the ground and there were three large Christmas trees at the end of the hall. The four house tables had been removed and smaller round tables that seated ten people were placed around the hall instead.

"Look, it's my natural habitat," I joked as Cedric and I walked in, referring to the ice decorations.

"You're not going to break out into let it go anytime soon, are you?" Cedric laughed.

"Don't tempt me," I told him as we continued to walk down the middle of the students lined up to the dance floor. "Good thing that I'm used to all of this because of my family."

"I honestly don't know how you do it. The smiling and having everyone watching you," Cedric said.

"It's not often that we actually have events that are this formal and besides, people are used to seeing my family around so it's not that big a deal," I told him.

"Yeah, but still, it would be strange," Cedric laughed.

"It is, but no weirder than the rest of the family," I pointed out as we finally reached the dance floor.

"My have this dance, Princess Elsa," Cedric asked formally as he bowed like a real-life prince charming.

"Of course, kind sir. It would be my honor," I said as lifted my skirt and curtsied

Cedric took hold of one of my hands and placed his other hand on my waist as I rested my free hand on his shoulder as the music started. I had to admit it was a bit nerve racking having to many people watching us dance. In Asgard it was such a common occurrence that whenever there was a ball, no one really paid attention to anyone that was dancing. I here I felt like everyone was watching and waiting for you to make a mistake.

But those nerves disappeared quickly as Cedric picked me up and twirled me around before gently placing me back down

But those nerves disappeared quickly as Cedric picked me up and twirled me around before gently placing me back down. All of the rest of the world just seemed to fade away, making it feel like it was just the two of us in the room. It was like my five-year-old self self's Disney princess dreams coming true.