Chapter 22: The flying car and crazy rumors

There was no sign of either Harry or Ron on the Hogwarts express or at the start of year feast

There was no sign of either Harry or Ron on the Hogwarts express or at the start of year feast. There were hundreds of crazy rumors going around about where they were from the two running off to join a muggle circus to Harry starting his own cult like the death eater to get revenge on all those that had a hand in the murder of his parents. Unfortunately, the one rumor that turned out to be true was that Gilderoy Lockhart was indeed our new defense against the dark arts teacher. The man himself was seated on the other side of Loki who was in his usual seat next to Professor Snape. For the first time both Loki and Professor Snape actually agreed on something as they both looked at Lockhart like they wanted to kill him as he continued to talk over the two the throughout dinner. When Professor Snape was called out of the Great Hall half way through dinner, Loki ended up coping the full attention of Lockhart and looked like he wanted to bang his head on the table for the rest of the night.

"So, what so you guys think of the new defense against the dark arts professor?" Cedric asked as we walked back to the common room after dinner.

"I think he's a fake who didn't do a single thing he wrote about in his books," I said bluntly causing Cedric to burst out laughing.

"How could you say that? He's amazing!" Maggie said dreamily.

"You didn't see him at the bookshop..." Danny started to say.

"He was using Harry for free publicity," I finished for him.

"I'm sure you just misread the situation," Maggie countered back, clearly in love with like almost all the other girl students as well as some of the boys.

"I think he's a jerk," Henry said, being straight to the point and not messing around with his words.

"I have to agree with them, Maggie. He's just comes across as a bit fake," Cedric added, not Maggie wasn't listening. She was off in her own little dream word.

"It's going to be a fun year for defense against the dark arts," Danny said bitterly as he watched the girl he liked dreaming about the new professor.

"Don't worry Danny, I'm sure things will go back to normal before we know it," I told my cousin. But there was a little voice in the back of my mind telling me that nothing was going to be normal about this year. But I chose just to ignore it.

 But I chose just to ignore it