Chapter 56: Prefects and Prisoners

Just over a month after Sokovia I was in Diagon Alley with Cedric getting school supplies

Just over a month after Sokovia I was in Diagon Alley with Cedric getting school supplies. Being with him again made me feel like everything was going to be okay. Mum still hadn't woken up from her 'Odin's Sleep' but she seemed to be okay in every other way possible way. She was just asleep. Every day I woke up in the Avengers Complex, I went to the hospital bay to see her just in case she woke up. But every day was the same thing, she was still asleep.

So, when I got my school list along with my shiny new Hufflepuff prefect badge, Dad decided to head over to Diagon Alley earlier than we normally would because and I quote 'needed to get out of the complex more and see my friends.' I knew he was right, but I just didn't want to leave Mum. I knew he didn't either but it wasn't doing us any good hanging around the complex all day long in hopes she would wake up.

Sam decided to join us on our trip to London and if anyone asked us, he was my uncle. I didn't care what people said, Sam was family and deserved to know about my life in the Wizarding World. So, if that meant that was I breaking the statute of security, so be it. But so far no one had said anything and I think Dumbledore had a lot to do with it.

I hadn't laughed so much in I don't know how long as I watched Sam look at Diagon Alley with amazement on his face. He was like a kid in a candy store but I had to admit I was a little worried we would be kicked out of Gringotts Bank when he started calling the goblins 'little dude's'. But when I saw Cedric waiting for me in the Leaky Cauldron, I decided to leave Sam in Dad's capable hands and get the rest of my supplies with Cedric.

"I told you would make prefect," Cedric said to me as we walked down the cobble stone street, not looking at anything in particular.

"Yes, but I also told you that you would get prefect as well. And you got quidditch captain," I laughed as I looked up at him, making me swear he had grown another couple of inches since I last saw him.

"I could have sworn you would have got quidditch captain with you being the training next leader of the Avengers and all," Cedric laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, no thanks. It's hard enough trying to keep Cassy in line let alone my own cousin while playing quidditch," I mock shuddered, making Cedric laugh.

"Well, you still you how to plan and strategies better than anyone I know. So, expect me to asking for help throughout the year."

"If it was anyone else but you, I would have said no," I told Cedric as he pulled me over to the window of the quidditch store. "Odin's beard! Is that the new firebolt?"

"You know, you are the only person I know who uses that expression," Cedric laughed as he pulled me closer to his side.

"Visit my other home and you will hear it a lot," I told him, not taking my eyes off the latest broom in front of me.

"Maybe one day you will actually take me there. But how much do you think the firebolt is?" Cedric asked with a wishful look on his face.

"Cedric, haven't you ever heard the expression 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it'?"