Chapter 84: The Goblet of Fire

"Please join me in welcoming the lovely students of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime!" Dumbledore said as the students made their way into the Great Hall

A group of the girls from Beauxbatons almost glided down the middle of the great hall doing some sort of weird dance as the sighed and created a butterfly's that they released into the air. When they reached the end of the great hall the girls started to what in my opinion started to trot as they parted to make way for a young girl in some sort of gymnastic outfit to do cartwheels down the center of the hall, followed by an older girl who twirled after her.

When the girls had finished their little performance almost every boy in the hall went crazy as they applauded the girls. It was almost as if they were part Veela or something. I looked over at Maggie who seemed as unimpressed as I was with the whole display and when she saw that I was looking at her, she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Is it just me or was that over the top?" Cedric asked as the Beauxbatons students walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down.

"No, it was defiantly over the top," I said as I leaned on my boyfriend's shoulder, trying not to smile at the fact he was one of the few boys in the entire hall that wasn't remotely interested in the French girls.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff!" Dumbledore announced as the students who had no ditched their stupid fur robes entered the great hall

Just like the girl's little performance, the Durmstrang students had a little show put together for us. Unlike the girly performance, theirs was very, well I guess the only word was masculine. A group of the boys walked up the middle of the hall, spinning staffs that they had in their hands. I couldn't help but be a little judgey over the way they were spinning their staffs. I may have been biased but I preferred my staff and what it could do over the ones that the Durmstrang boys had. The whole hall was in awe as they hit their staffs on the ground and created sparks.

"They have nothing on you, love," Cedric whispered to me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Thanks, Ced," I told him, leaning my head on his shoulder.