Chapter 27: Quidditch revelations

"Ok, who's ready for quidditch?" I asked when I sat down in the Great Hall for breakfast on Saturday morning

"We are going to wipe the floor with Ravenclaw," Danny laughed as he helped himself to some toast.

"Maggie, you are supporting Hufflepuff even though you're dating Davies?" Henry asked her, looking genuinely concerned that she wouldn't be supporting us.

"Don't be stupid, Henry. Of course, I'm supporting Hufflepuff. By best friends play on the team."

Henry and Maggie continued to bicker in a friendly way about who she was going to be supporting for a few minutes but immediately went quiet when we all saw Cedric walk into the Great Hall with Cho desperately trying to hold on to his arm which he kept pulling out from her grip. He looked like he hadn't slept in months and like he was completely over Cho's clingy behavior.

Don't feel sorry for him, not after what he has done, Danny said to me, knowing me far too well.

I can't help it Danny, look at him. He looks like he's been through hell.

I don't care, he hurt you and deserves everything that he gets.

"Okay guys, it's time for me to go undercover," Henry said, trying to sound sneaky.

"Go play spy and tell us what you find out," I laughed as he smiled at me then going to sit with Cedric and Cho.

"Do you really think Cho has something to do with Cedric acting so odd?" Maggie asked as she watched Henry start to talk to the pair.

"Yeah, I do. But what he said still hurts. I don't know if I could ever forget the words, he said to me that night," I told her, playing with my porridge.

"I'm not going to forgive him. Not after what he did to you. Family sticks together, Elsa. I will always stand by you, no matter what happens," Danny said, glaring at an obviously uncomfortable Cedric.

"Together, till the end of the line," I said to him.

"To the end of the line, Elsa. Forever."