Chapter 120: Birthdays and High Inquisitors

Within a week of my little revelation most of the gossiping had died down and I had become old news

Within a week of my little revelation most of the gossiping had died down and I had become old news. Most people were talking about Fred and George's new business and how much fun they were going to have with the skiving snack boxes. I still got the occasional glare or snide comment from the Slytherins and Cho couldn't help but look smug about me being outed. But Cedric was by my side the entire time, supporting me no matter what happened. Which was I wanted to make his birthday that was coming up on Saturday. He had done so much for me and put up with so much that I just wanted help him have a day away from everything, but to do that there was someone I need to speak to first. So, when I had a double free period on Wednesday morning, I started to put my plan to work.

"Where are you going?" Cedric asked me when I ran in to the great hall to grab some toast before implementing my plan.

"Um, to study," I said with a mouthful of toast.

"Why don't I believe you?" Cedric laughed.

"I don't know, babe," I said picking up my backpack and giving Cedric a quick kiss on the cheek. "But you should."

When I got to the doors of the great hall, I turned around to see Cedric laughing and shaking his head at my less than convincing story and quick exit. Most people probably would have been suspicious behavior but Cedric knew me better than I knew myself most of the time and knew he could trust me.

My first stop was at the kitchens where I intended to talk to my favorite little house elf, Dobby. As soon as I walked into the kitchens all the house elves started fussing over me and tried to feed me a hundred different types of food which I politely declined. I finally found Dobby at the back of the kitchens, washing up the dishes used to make the schools breakfast.

"Miss Elsa! What is you doing here?" Dobby squeaked when he saw me and ran over to hug my legs.

"I came to talk to you, Dobby," I said as Dobby let go of my legs and sat down on one of the stools.

"You coming to talk to me?" Dobby said in shock.

"Of course, Dobby. You know I like spending time with you," I told him. "I mean, I did come to visit you last week, didn't I."

"I is guessing so. Dobby just never thought that people are actually liking to spend time with him," Dobby said as he wiped away tears with the old tie that he had on.

"It's not only me Dobby, but Cedric, Harry, Ron and Hermione do as well," I told him. "But I do have a favor to ask."

"I is doing anything for you, Miss Elsa."

"Well, it's Cedric birthday on Saturday and since I'm not the best at cooking..."

"Don't you be worrying. Dobby will be making the best cake for Mr. Cedric's birthday," Dobby said excitedly.

"Hang on, slow down there Dobby," I laughed. "I was going to ask if you could help me make the cake. But if my plan works, it won't be here at Hogwarts. So, you would have to come with me."