Chapter 42: Unexpected arrival

I was asleep in my room in the Avengers Towers when I heard a massive a crash of thunder which woke me up in the middle of the night

I was asleep in my room in the Avengers Towers when I heard a massive a crash of thunder which woke me up in the middle of the night. I grabbed my cosmic staff that was leaning against the wall next to my bed and ran out of my room, ready to take on whatever it was. I didn't care that I was still in Cedric's Hufflepuff t-shirt which I had 'borrowed' and a pair of PJs shorts as I slid down the hallway in my socks. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was going to attack the tower.

As I ran down the hall way to the elevator, I saw that I wasn't the only one ready for a fight. Dad was running the hall in his Captain America themed PJ pants that Tony kept buying him as joke Christmas present and a white t-shirt with his shield on his arm.

"I'm guessing you heard it the crash too, Snowflake?" he asked me as we got in to the elevator to head up to the communal living area where the crash had come from.

"Yeah, I was sound asleep when I heard it. What do you think it was?" I asked him as we both got ready for a fight.

"No idea, but I think were about to find out," Dad replied as the doors of the elevator opened.

Dad made sure I was behind him as we made our way to the living, protecting me from whatever might be there. We had been researching where the rouge Hydra agents may have taken Loki's scepter when SHIELD had been taken down once and for all. The Avengers had taken down a number of Hydra cells, but I had been tracking the movements of one particular Hydra agent, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker with Dad ever since the summer holidays had started and I was worried he may have found out what we were doing and had come to stop us. But when I heard the voice coming from the kitchen, I knew we had nothing to worry about.

"Brother, where are thy pop tarts? I know I kept a supply of them in here and they are gone!" Thor bellowed at Loki from the kitchen.

"Odin's beard! Could you be a little quieter you giant oaf! You will wake the entire tower," Loki hissed at him, clearly not impressed about being woken up in the middle of the night.

"A little bit too late for that. We're already awake," I said walking in to the kitchen with Dad.

It was hard not to start laughing when I saw the scene playing out in the kitchen. Thor was still in his full Asgardian armor from his travel to the towers and had ripped everything out of the cupboards looking for his beloved pop tarts. Loki was standing on the opposite side of the kitchen bench to Thor and was dressed in the loose linen black shirt and pants he wore to bed. His jet-black hair was sticking up in all directions from just waking up. He had his arms crossed over his chest and was looking at Thor like he was a lunatic.

"What the hell is going on here? It's 2 am in the morning?" Dad asked them, putting his shield down on the kitchen table.

"Hello Captain, dear Elsa! I have decided to join you here at the Avengers tower. I have settled my affairs' on Asgard and wish to spend time on Midgard with my family and my fair Jane. But when I arrived, I found that Loki had eaten all my pop tarts and was merely trying to find out why," Thor said in his booming voice.