Chapter 57: Dementors

It seemed like no time until I was back on the Hogwarts express, heading back to school

It seemed like no time until I was back on the Hogwarts express, heading back to school. Part of me didn't want to go back to Hogwarts because I didn't want to leave Dad alone but he told me he would be fine; Sam was with him and they were going to keep up the search for Bucky while I was gone. I also didn't want to leave Mum in case she woke up but Loki pointed out that she would want me to go on with my life like normal and if she did wake up, he would make sure we would be back at the Avengers Complex before I knew it.

But I also had to admit that I was glad to be back with Cedric, I really had missed him over the break and I still wanted to do everything I could for having to say goodbye to him the way I did while I was in Sokovia. I still felt terrible about it, even though Cedric told me he understood.

The only thing I didn't count on during the train ride back was how boring Percy's lecture as head boy would be. He had been going on for an hour about how serious our duties were and from what the older prefects were saying, the previous head boys were not this boring. So, when he dismissed us for our prefects' duties, I was happier than I had been in a long time. I would have done anything to get out of that compartment, even if it meant having a one-on-one conversation with Zola.

Cedric and I were on the first shift of the train patrol, which I was happy about. It meant that after an hour we were free to go and sit with our friends for the rest of the trip. Just before our shift was finished, we walked past Harry, Ron and Hermione. I told Cedric I would catch up with him because I wanted to talk to Harry about something. What I really wanted to know was if the rumors I heard about him were true.

"So, Harry. Is it true you blew up your aunt?" I asked as I slid the door shut behind me.

"Oh, Elsa! That goodness you're alright!" Hermione said quietly as she threw her arms around me, not letting Harry answer my question. "I was watching the news every day and following what was happening in Sokovia. I was so worried about you!"

"I'm fine. But why are we whispering," I asked, whispering the same way that Hermione was.

"That's why," Ron said, pointing to a man sleeping with his head resting on the wall next to the window.

He looked exhausted even though he was sound asleep. His robes were tattered and fraying at the seams with patches stitched on to cover up holes. His greying, brown hair slighting covered his face but not enough to hide the scars that were across his face. My heart went out to the man, he had clearly been through a lot and in a funny way he reminded me of Bruce. I even thought I felt sorry for the man, I couldn't help but wonder who he was. But that question was answered when I saw the trunk on the rack with the name Professor R. J. Lupin written on it.

"I'm guessing he's our new DA teacher," I said, looking of back at the man with a kind smile. I just hoped that he would have better luck than our last few DA teachers.

"I guess, but I have something important I need to tell you," Harry said, pulling me down to sit down next to him.

"So, you DID blow up your aunt!" I said, trying not to laugh and wake up Professor Lupin.