Chapter 93: The ups and downs of a day at Hogwarts

"Hey, look at you actually facetiming me with no help at all," I laughed as I answered the annual birthday phone call from Dad while I was sitting in the Astronomy tower that night

"Elsa, I'm in my 90's, not stupid. I know how to use technology," he laughed.

"I beg to differ, Dad. Wasn't it you who set the microwave on fire when trying to make popcorn? What was it you set the timer for, ninety minutes and not ninety seconds," I pointed out.

"That was one time! Are any of you going to let me forget?" Dad asked.

"Considering the complex smelt of burnt popcorn for about a week, most likely not."

"Now, it that any way to speak to your elderly father when he calls to wish you a happy birthday," he pretended to scold.

"Funny, Dad. I think you missed your calling as a comedian," I told him as I rolled my eyes.

"Who knows, maybe I'll change professions. But, seriously, happy birthday snowflake," Dad said, with smile. "Did Loki give you your birthday present I sent?"

"He did with strict orders not to open it until I was talking to you," I said as I held up the the pink wrapped box. "I'm guessing I can open it now."

"Of course, you can open it, snowflake," Dad said as I carefully balanced my laptop on the ground so he could watch me open the box.

I carefully took the silver ribbon off the box and unwrapped the pink paper. When I lifted the lid off the box it took every last bit of strength I had not to start crying. Sitting inside the box was the Asgardian headband that Mum wore when on the day her and Dad got married. It was made from Asgardian gold strands that were delicately twisted together with small diamonds placed along the band. It was something that only Asgardian royalty wore, which was something new for me. Even though both Mum and I were princess of Asgard, neither of us actually though of either of us as royalty. But my grandfather and Aunt Freya had given it to her for her wedding and she had loved it the moment she saw it and so did I. She always told me when I was little that one day there would be a special event where I would be able to wear it, I just never thought she wouldn't be here to see that day.

 She always told me when I was little that one day there would be a special event where I would be able to wear it, I just never thought she wouldn't be here to see that day