Chapter 32: Ghosts of the Past

Elsa's POV

Elsa's POV

There was sunlight streaming through the windows when I woke up, telling me that I had slept in way past what I normally would have. Still half asleep, it took me a few minutes to figure out where I was. The last thing I remembered was watching a movie with Sam but I guessed Dad had picked me up at some point of him because I was back in my bedroom. I could hear Dad in the kitchen as I got out of bed and put my slippers on. I rubbed my face as I walked out to the kitchen, trying to wake myself up properly.

"Good morning, sleepy head," Dad laughed as I sat down at the kitchen counter.

"Morning, Dad. What time is it?"

"It 10 am. I thought I'd let you sleep in, you obviously needed it. But I am surprised you slept through driving home and me carrying you to bed. It was like when you were little and you feel asleep in the car on the way home after a big day."

"Funny, Dad. Really funny. How did the mission go? Everything okay again?" I asked, buttering the toast Dad had just put in front of me.

"I guess you could say that. But Furry is up to his old tricks again. I went to see him after I brought you home. SHIELD had created something called Project Insight and it can track people by their DNA and take out thousands of people in a matter of seconds," Dad told me, clearly angry about it.

"That's so wrong. SHIELD can now watch us every second of the day, that's so creepy," I shuddered at the thought of being under Fury's watch 24/7.

"It hasn't been activated yet but from of the look of things, it won't be long until it's fully operational."

"You sound like one of the rebel leaders talking about the Death Stars," I laughed.

"Well, it's almost like the Death Star I guess, it can cause massive destruction within seconds of being turned on."

"Okay... Moving on from SHIELD turning in to the Empire and Fury becoming the emperor, you know what you promised me we would do today?"

"Really, Elsa. You want to go there out of everything we could do?" Dad laughed.

"Yep! Now, I'm going to go have a shower and get dressed," I said, hopping off the stool and heading into my bedroom, leaving Dad laughing at my enthusiasm in the kitchen.