Chapter 105: Let the training begin

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping on the balcony of my room

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping on the balcony of my room. For a moment I forgot where I was as I sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. It wasn't until I saw the sun shining brightly through the window that I realised that I was on Asgard. Remembering why I was here, I stretched as I yawned a climbed out of bed. I softly padded my way down the hall to the living room to find both Mum and Cedric already awake and eating breakfast. Yawning for what felt like the hundredth time that morning, I walked over to the table and sat down.

"Morning sleepy head," Mum said as she kissed the top of my head and passed me a plate of Asgardian pastries.

"Morning," I yawned again, grabbing one of the pastries.

"How can you possibly still be half asleep? I mean were on Asgard!" Cedric said excitedly.

"Because I've been here more times that I can count," I pointed out.

"But still, it's Asgard!" Cedric said again. "This place is meant to only exist in mythologies and stories. If you ever told me that I would be visiting it one day when I was younger, I would have thought they were crazy!"

"It's so weird to think of it that way. To me it's always just been my family's home," I said "But what are you going to be doing while Loki runs his training regime, Mum?"

"I'll be in the library," Mum said simply.

"That is probably the most Hermione Granger thing I have ever heard in my life," I laughed.

"Do you want me to help or not," Mum joked.

"We defiantly do, Dr. Rogers," Cedric said with a kind smile on his face.

"Please, just Kimberly. Dr. Rogers makes me feel like my mother," Mum laughed. "And don't worry, I'll be looking in to everything. I'm going to start with Vanaheim and Vanir magic. It's the only place that I have seen anything like the magic that happened between the both of you."

"What's Vanaheim and Vanir magic?" Cedric asked, sounding confused.

"I totally forgot, we haven't started on Vanir seidr magic and the origin of the rune magic yet," I mused, thinking about Loki's lessons.

"Vanaheim is one of the nine realms," Mum started to explain, her Norse Mythology PHD coming out in full force. "It is the realm that the runes and their seidr magic originated from. Seidr magic is more common among the Vanir and can be more powerful than Asgardian magic."

"But how dose Vanir magic influence what Elsa did that night?" Cedric asked as he grew more curious about the magic that saved his life.

"That's because the only other person who has ever been able to do the same thing that I did was Aunt Frigga and she was Vanir, not Asgardian," I explained. "Which is probably why she was ten times more powerful that Odin could ever be."

"I have to agree with my niece on that point," Loki said as he walked into the room, cape billowing out behind him.