Chapter 96: The Second Task

Christmas came and went quickly, especially since I could use my new powers to go home the day after the Yule Ball, taking Cedric and Harry, who I had promised to take to the Avengers Complex, with me

Christmas came and went quickly, especially since I could use my new powers to go home the day after the Yule Ball, taking Cedric and Harry, who I had promised to take to the Avengers Complex, with me. I had never seen Harry look as excited as he did as he looked around the complex. Both Cedric and I tried to corner him about the second task, but he kept telling us he had it all under control and not to worry about him. I knew he wasn't being completely honest, but I decided not to push him after I made him quote the riddle that was in the egg just to make sure that he had actually opened it. I just hoped Hermione was on top of it and had a plan ready for Harry.

I also used my powers to take Cedric to the complex so he could use the pool there to practice using the bubble headed charm without being interrupted. By the time the second task rolled around he could keep the charm intact even with Vision appearing under the water at random times as he tried to distract Cedric. I had also learnt that Vision was probably one of the best Avengers to train with, he didn't question and way always eager to help. I had also picked that his relationship with Wanda had grown stronger but neither of them would admit it.

The Nornir had also started to leave me alone after my little break down in Christmas Eve. I hadn't heard the voice or had the dream since then but I knew better than get used it. The Nornir has something planned for me and they weren't about to let it go that easily. After talking to Loki about it, he thought it was because Urdr and Verdandi were trying to talk Skuld out of whatever she had planned. But I didn't care about what the fate weaver had in store for me anymore because I realised that the threads of fate can be rewoven as Odin had done it before. So, if the All Father can rewrite his fate, so can I.

With the plan set and Cedric more than ready for the task, I told him that he needed to relax the night before the task because he needed the rest to make sure that he wasn't tiered for the second task. But no matter how many times I told him to stop thinking about the task, he couldn't stop wondering what had been taken from him that he had to find at the bottom on the lake.

"I can't find anything missing," Cedric said for the hundredth time that night as I sat on the floor of the common room flicking through a book.

"Could it be your broom?" Hamish asked as he tried to help Cedric.

"No, it's still under my bed in my trunk," Cedric told him.

"It will have to be something that can go underwater and not be destroyed," I pointed out. "But it's not going to be something that you are consciously going to miss, otherwise it's defeating the point of having to find something."

"I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out," Cedric sighed as he ran a hand through his hair in frustration and sat down on the arm chair I was leaning on.

"You'll will ace this task. I just know it, so try not to worry," I told him, as I leant back and rested my head on his leg.

"Thanks, love," Cedric said, smiling down at me.