Chapter 106: Family Rivalry

The next morning one of Odin's assistances came to our quarters to invite us to a family breakfast to welcome home Thor

The next morning one of Odin's assistances came to our quarters to invite us to a family breakfast to welcome home Thor. In other words, we were ordered to attend the breakfast from hell. Not only did the assistant wake me up from a deep sleep where I wrapped up in Cedric's arm but brought a traditional Asgardian dress for me to wear. Apparently, the All Father was not impressed with my ripped jeans and high-top converse from the day before. I was relieved when I opened the box that contained the dress that Odin wanted me to wear to see that it was a flowy light blue, chiffon dress that had light golden sandals to wear with it.

 I was relieved when I opened the box that contained the dress that Odin wanted me to wear to see that it was a flowy light blue, chiffon dress that had light golden sandals to wear with it

"You look beautiful," Cedric told me when I came out of my room dressed in the blue gown. "You truly look like an Asgardian goddess who belongs on Asgard."

I couldn't help but blush a deep scarlet as Cedric swept me into his arms and kissed me. No matter how much time has passed or how long we had been together, he always knew how to make me feel like I was the only girl in the world with the way that he looked at me.

"You don't look to bad yourself," I said when he stopped kissing me and looked down to see that he was dressed in the Asgardian leathers that had been sent for him to wear. They were a similar style to Loki's but instead of being green and black, they were gold and black and I could only assume that Loki had something to do with the Hufflepuff themed clothing. "You look like you have been living on Asgard your whole life."

"It's not my usual style but it's not as uncomfortable as I thought they would be," Cedric said, looking down at the cape that was part of his outfit.

"Are you going to do a Professor Snape with the cape?" I joked.

"Maybe, the man really does have a way of walking around the castle like he was Count Dracula or something," Cedric laughed.

"Hey, I just thought of something," I said, thinking about the legend of Dracula. "Since Asgard is a very real place and so was King Arthur and Camelot and we know that vampires actually exist, do you think that the legend of Dracula is too?"

"Just because we live in a magical world, it doesn't mean every myth is real. You said it yourself with the story about the origin of Sleipnir," Cedric pointed out.