Chapter 11: Confessions

I turned to face Cedric, still scared about how he would react

I turned to face Cedric, still scared about how he would react. But it turned out I didn't have anything thing to be scared of, he was looking around the ice castle that was a mini replica of the one from the movie, amazed by what he saw. He ran his hand along the detailing in the walls then looked up at the roof that had a perfectly formed ice chandler hanging from it.

"Elsa, this is amazing. How did you ever come up with it?"

"It's from the story that song came from. It's called Frozen and it's about a girl called Elsa. She's destined to become queen one day but is born with ice powers. When she was little, she accidentally struck her sister with her ice powers but luckily it was easily fixed because it hadn't hit her heart. From that day, Elsa's parents made her hide her powers and locked everyone out. And Elsa was too scared to be around her sister again. Their parents end up dying and on her 21st birthday, she is to become queen. Unfortunately, the kingdom finds out about her powers on the same day, making Elsa flee into the mountains and creating this castle to live in. But leaving a trail of eternal winter behind her. A lot happens from there, but long story short, her sister Anna finds her but Elsa ended up striking Anna again but this time she hits her heart. There a lot in between but at the end after Anna freezes after saving Elsa. Elsa thought her sister would stay frozen forever but it turned out that an act of love could thaw a frozen heart. Anna unfreezes and everything works out in the end."

"And Cassy has taunted you about it ever since. But if everything works out at the end, why are so scared of your powers," Cedric asked, pulling me to sit down next to him in the mini castle.

"Because what I said was true about my family. I mean, a Nazi traveled through time to get to my Granddad and killed him when they found out he no longer had his powers."

"Okay, ignoring the time travelling evil guy. Why are your family's powers so special?"

I took a deep breath as I thought about what I was going to tell him. Finally, I figured I'd already shown him my powers, so I might as well tell him the rest.

"Ok, what I'm about to tell you, you cannot tell anyone else. They only other people who know about this are Danny and Cassy. You have to promise me," I begged him.

"I promise, I won't tell anyone."

"My Granddad was Erikson the Great, a Norse god. There's no record of him because he agreed to give up all his powers so that he could live on Midgard with my Gran because of how much he loved her. He never told a soul who he was, fearing the danger that he would put us in. But part of the deal he made meant that a descendent of his, if they were deemed worthy, would inherit his powers. That person was my Mum. After Johann Schmidt traveled through time and murdered my granddad, Mum chased him and ended up going back in time with him and landed in the 1940's were she met my dad. He hadn't had the super soldier serum at that point and was 5'4 with the longest medical record you have ever seen. That was the man my Mum fell in love with, not Captain America, not the super soldier, but Steve Rogers. Mum joined the SSR and I guess you know about because of your grandfather. You know the super soldier serum and getting rescued from the Hydra base" I paused my story, waiting to for Cedric's response. When he nodded, I continued on.