Chapter 86: All that followed...

Cedric's POV

Cedric's POV

I hung back a bit for Viktor and Fleur leave first so I could talk to Harry as we walked out. He looked so lost and I knew that he was going to get a lot of hate from some of the students because he was under age and well, because he was Harry Potter.

"Hey, Harry. Wait up," I called out after the boy as he hurried to get back to the Gryffindor tower.

"Oh, sorry Cedric. I was kinda in a world of my own," Harry said as he stopped and waited for me.

"Yeah, I could tell. I just wanted to let you know that I'll help you throughout this who tournament. They may have said that we can't have teachers help but they said nothing about supporting each other," I told him.

"Thanks, Cedric. But I think I need to do this on my own. I don't know who put my name into the goblet and I don't want to drag anyone else in to my mess," he said in a dejected voice.

"You know that have never stopped Elsa before and it's not going to stop me either," I reassured him.

"Speaking of Elsa, isn't that her, asleep in a chair," Harry said as he pointed to where Elsa was curled up, asleep.

"Yeah, that would be her," I laughed as we walked over to her.

When we got closer to Elsa, I heard that she was singing something softly in her sleep. I couldn't help but smile as we continued to walk over to her. Only Elsa would sing in her sleep but when I heard the words of whatever song she was singing, my heart broke for her.

"Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river all is found

In her waters, deep and true
Lie the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned

Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found"

She continued to repeat the line 'There's a mother full of memory. Come, my darling, homeward bound' over and over', so I picked up my pace and ran to her side.

"Elsa, love, time to wake up," I told her softly as I knelt beside her to see a single frozen tear on her cheek, which I brushed away. "Come on love, we need to head back to the common room."

Slowly she started to wake up and yawned as she sat up in the seat.

"Cedric? Where I am? What's going on? Where's Mum?" she asked, still half asleep.

"Love, were at school. You were waiting for Harry and me to come out of the meeting about the tournament," I reminded her.

"Odin's beard! The tournament! Are they making Harry compete?" she asked in a rush as she tried to stand up but fell off the seat.