Chapter 83: The Arrival

On the Monday of the last week of October Hamish and I walked into entrance hall to find a large group of people standing around a large sign that had been put up at the foot of the stair case

On the Monday of the last week of October Hamish and I walked into entrance hall to find a large group of people standing around a large sign that had been put up at the foot of the stair case. Neither of us had no idea what it was, so we tried to get as close as we could. Since he was taller than me, Hamish stood on his tiptoes to see what the notice was about.

"Looks like the other schools will be arriving on Friday and classes will end early," he told me after he managed to get a good look at the notice.

"But that's Care of Magical Creatures! I don't want that to end early," I complained as Ernie McMillan pushed his way out of the crowd.

"Only a week away!" he said to Justin Finch-Fletchley. "I wonder if Cedric knows? I think I'll go and tell him."

"I didn't think Ernie knew Cedric," Hamish said as we watched the pompous Hufflepuff fourth year strut off.

"He doesn't. The only time either Cedric or I have even spoken to him lately was to tell him to get his ass out of the kitchens and back in to the common room one night when we were on prefect duty," I told him, shaking my head at the fourth year.

"Cedric?" I heard Ron ask, confused about who Ernie was talking about.

Not believing the stupidity of the boy, I moved closer to where he was standing with Harry and Hermione to listen to the rest of their conversation.

"You know, Cedric Diggory. He's a friend of ours and is currently dating the girl I see as a big sister," Harry told him, making me smile about how he sees me as a big sister.

"That idiot, Hogwarts champion," Ron laughed as they pushed their way out of the crowd.

"That 'idiot' is my boyfriend, Ronniekins," I said as I caught up to them and jumped up to hit Ron on the back of my head. "And for your information he tops all of his classes. Unlike a certain redhead that I won't name and shame."

"Oh, sorry Elsa," Ron muttered, turning bright red.

"I'm not the one you should be apologising to, mister," I told him as I glared at him.

"Honestly Ronald, the only reason that you are acting like this is because of the quidditch match last year," Hermione huffed.

"Yeah, so what. We lost but we won the cup," Harry said to his best friend.

"Really, Ron. Can't you just let it go. If you remember correctly, I actually fell off my broom as well," I pointed out to him.

"Okay, okay! I get it, can you just stop ganging up on me!" Ron said, finally relenting.

"Fine, I'll overlook it this once. But remember what I am capable of, Ron. Next time you won't get off so easily," I told him, making him turn even more red.

After mumbling something that he wouldn't say anything else, Ron sulked off with a laughing Harry and Hermione following. Just as the trio left, Hamish managed to finally make his way through the crowd.