Chapter 40: Valentines Day and Dueling Club

February arrived quickly, along with-it Valentine's Day

February arrived quickly, along with-it Valentine's Day. Part of me was excited because it was going to be my first Valentine's Day with Cedric, the other part of me was dreading it because of what it was going to do to Maggie. Roger Davies had broken up with her a few weeks ago and the day was just going to make her feel worse, especially since he had dumped her for Samantha. Walking down to the great hall for breakfast, I did everything I could to keep her distracted. But that plan was blown out of the water as soon as we walk in to the hall.

"What the Hel...," I said as I looked at around the great hall which was decorated with roses on the walls and hearts falling from the roof.

"Am I going crazy or has the great hall turned pink?" Maggie asked as we walked over to the Hufflepuff table.

"You're not crazy, everything is pink," I told her, sitting down next to Cedric who kissed me on the cheek.

"Does anyone know what's going on?" Zane asked as he walked over from the Slytherin table to sit with us.

"No idea, but I wish it would stop," Henry whined, brushing the falling heart confetti off his toast.

"I think were about to find out, Professor Idiot is about to say something," Danny said, nodding up at Professor Lockhart who had just stood up at the professor's table.

He was dressed in pink robes and had a stupid grin on his face. I had to hold back a giggle when I looked over at Loki who was sitting in his usual seat near Professor Snape. Loki was dressed completely in black, similar to the way Professor Snape was dressed. It wasn't unusual for Loki to be dressed in black, but he usually had some sort of green and gold accents to his clothing. Something told me he had done it purposely done it to annoy Lockhart judging by the death stare that he was sending Lockhart, which happened to be the same look Snape was giving Lockhart.

"Happy Valentine's Day! And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards!" he said, making me roll my eyes. "Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all, and it doesn't end here! My friendly card-carrying cupids! They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirt of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show how to whip up a love potion! Or Professor Alden to show you a rune for love! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly dog!"

That's it, Loki's going to kill Lockhart. May he rest in peace, Danny said to me, almost making me choke on my juice.

"You alright, Elsa," Zane asked, noticing the look on my face.

"Yeah, juice just went down the wrong way," I coughed, clearing my throat. "Is it me, or is this extremely degrading to the dwarfs," I added, nodding to the dwarfs that had just walked into the great hall dressed like cupid, bow and all.