Chapter 146: Voldemort's Return

I had never heard some scream with so much pain as Harry did that night

I had never heard some scream with so much pain as Harry did that night. It was one of the most heart wrenching things I had ever witnessed. Remus ran to Harry's side and held him to prevent him from chasing after his godfather. But Harry continued to scream as he struggled to get out of Remus' grasp. I hadn't even realised I was crying until a frozen teardrop fell off my cheek and hit my hand that I had subconsciously raised to cover my mouth as I watched the scene unfold in front of me in shock.

Loki, who had noticed my frozen tear falling, was at my side in a second and was held me close, the same way that he used to when I woke up from a bad dream when I was little. In that moment I didn't care that I was eighteen and considered an adult, all I wanted was for my uncle to hold me close and tell me that everything was going to be all right. That we hadn't just watched Sirius be murdered by his deranged cousin.

On the other side of the room, I noticed Bellatrix trying to make her getaway but I'd be damned if I was going to let her. So broke free from Loki's grasp at the same time that Harry broke free of Remus' and took off running after Bellatrix. Since Harry was closer to her than I was, he led the chase and followed.

"I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix taunted as she ran down the main corridor of the Ministry of Magic, towards the fountain in the main entrance. "You coming to get me?"

Then Harry did something that I never expected him to do. He pulled out his wand and pointed at Bellatrix, only to use one of the unforgivable curses.

"Crucio!"

But when Harry turned to look at me, I knew he wasn't in control

But when Harry turned to look at me, I knew he wasn't in control. He had the same look in his eye that Loki did in all the footage I had watched of the Battle of New York. The same look that Bucky had that day on the helicarrier. Harry was not in control of his own mind. Suddenly he aimed his wand at me and sent me flying towards the tiled wall. He had caught me off guard, so I didn't have time to brace myself. I heard the loud crack as the back of my head hit the wall and lifted my hand up to the back of my head to feel the stickiness that could have only been blood. Bringing my shaking hand back down, I say that I was right and it was coated in blood. I knew that I need to get out of there fast before I lost too much blood but I just couldn't seem to move.