Chapter 104: The Bifrost

I knew that I probably should have worn more appropriate clothes to go to Asgard but considering we were traveling via the Bifrost, there was no way I was going to wear a skirt or a dress

I knew that I probably should have worn more appropriate clothes to go to Asgard but considering we were traveling via the Bifrost, there was no way I was going to wear a skirt or a dress. So, if Odin happened to be waiting at Heimdall's tower for us, he was just going to have to put up with jeans and a t-shirt. But Odin being Odin would most likely still lecture me, something he loved doing to make sure that I would become the 'proper Asgardian princess I was born to be'. I hadn't told Cedric how...moody Odin could be yet. He was nervous enough about going to Asgard without having to know about Odin's finicky attitude.

"So, are we ready to go?" Mum asked as her and Dad walked into the field that was in the back of the farm's property where Heimdall would open the Bifrost.

"All set," I said, gripping my backpack a little tighter. I had learnt my lesson about not having a good hold on my bag over the years and there probably a number of my backpack spread out over the nine realms because of it.

"Are you all right, Cedric?" Mum asked as she watched Cedric fiddle nervously with his messenger bag.

"I'm fine. Just don't know what to expect, that's all," Cedric told her.

"Well, I do suggest that keep a good grip on that bag of yours. You don't want to do what Elsa had done and hit a poor person with it after letting go of it in the Bifrost," Loki said as he materialised next to him.

"Okay, we can only prove that I hit someone once!" I pointed out remembering the time when I was seven and let go of my backpack which ended up in Vanaheim and hitting one of the Vanir in the head and knocking them out and who just happened to be a friend of Hogun.

"Yes, my dear, that we can prove," Loki smirked.

"You're not coming with us, Dad," I asked, trying to getting the attention off me and my lost backpacks.

"Not this time, Snowflake," Dad said as he hugged me goodbye. "I've got a few leads that I need to follow up on."

"Time is passing us quickly, it is time that we are off to Asgard," Loki pointed out as we said our goodbyes to Dad who stepped back so that he wasn't in the line of the Bifrost.

"Hold on to my hand, Cedric. Traveling in the Bifrost can be disorientating the first few times. It's kinda like a portkey but a lot more colourful," I told Cedric.

"What do you mean colourful?" Cedric asked with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Do not worry, you will see," Loki told him. "Heimdall, open the Bifrost."

Within a second the Bifrost opened and we were pulled up into the rainbow of colours that would transport us through the nine realms and into Asgard. As soon as out feet lifted off the ground, I could feel Cedric hold on to my arm a little tighter. It had been so long since my first trip through the Bifrost, I had forgotten how dizzying the flashes of rainbow and space could be. When we reached Heimdall's tower, Cedric hit the ground in the same way that I did after traveling by portkey for the first time.