Chapter 127: Hagrid and Hogsmeade surprises.

That night I couldn't sleep at all

That night I couldn't sleep at all. I knew that both Harry and George told me that it wasn't my fault but I still couldn't help but feel guilty. Like it was all my fault somehow, like I should never have let Hermione talk me into this whole stupid idea that I should help train everyone how to fight.

I gave up on sleep about five in the morning and rolled out of bed, making sure I didn't wake up Freya as I did. Not bothering to get changed, I used a glamour to make it appear like I was wearing my uniform and grabbed my phone so I could call the one person who would know how I felt and what I was going through. Even if I didn't want to tell them exactly what was going on at Hogwarts.

Reveling in the silence of the castle, I headed out to the clock tower court yard even though it has snowed the night before and sat down on one of the stone benches. I pulled out my phone and stared it for a bit, thinking about how I was going to explain what was going on. Sighing, I scrolled through my contacts list until I found the number I was looking for and called it.

"Hi, Snowflake," Dad said as he answered the call on the first ring.

"Hey, Dad."

"Okay, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, Dad. I just missed you. That's all."

"Elsa, I know you better than that. There's something wrong and don't even try to deny it. You can't hide anything from me because you're too much like me for your own good."

I really should have known better than to try to hide anything from Dad. He could always see right through me, read me like I was an open book and it was because we were so much alike. So, I figured that I should just tell him what was happening, at the end of the day if I didn't, look would.

"I think I have made a big mistake, Dad."

"I doubt that, Elsa. But tell me what you think you did wrong."

So, I spilled everything out to him, from Umbridge to the detention but leaving out the detail about the quill because I really didn't want to have to stop Dad from coming to Hogwarts to deal with Umbridge, to the DA meetings, the training and what happened at the quidditch match.

"Dad, I was the one who lit the spark that started the fire. If I didn't teach them how to fight like I did, they wouldn't have been so keyed up for a fight. It's all my fault."

"None of it is your fault, Elsa. You did the right thing as a leader. You warned them before you started to train them about what the consequences of their actions would be, you explained that how we train as Avengers is very different to regular training and you told them more than once that when we fight, a lot of the time it will be for either the lives of the people we love or our own. You didn't light the spark, Elsa. That Umbridge woman did and she lit a ticking time bomb. It was only a matter of time until someone snapped, I'm just sorry it was your friends who were the ones that did."