Chapter 2: Loki explains it all

"I'm sorry, a school for what?" Dad asked, taking the letter out of my hands to read it for himself which only made him more confused

"This is some kinda joke, isn't it," Uncle David said, looking over Dad shoulder to read the letter.

"Hang on let me call someone," Mum said, picking her phone up and walking out of the kitchen.

Danny and I looked at each other and smiled. This was going to be amazing! A school for magic and we got to go together. The only thing was I had no idea where this school was. What if it was somewhere really random, like in the middle of the North Pole or something. Surely it couldn't be that far away, could it?

"Okay, someone is coming to explain everything to us," Mum said, putting her phone back down on the kitchen counter.

"Who's coming to... JESUS CHRIST! Can you not do that!" Uncle David began to say, until someone appeared out of thin air behind him.

"Not Jesus, but very close," my Uncle Loki said, walking over to Danny and me and putting his arms around our shoulders

"How many times do I have to tell you! Don't just pop up behind me with no warning! One of these days, I gonna end up punching you or something," Uncle David said, leaning back on the counter, recovering from the shock.

"Oh, you could try dear cousin but you won't succeed. Now how are my two-favourite people? Got in to Hogwarts, I hear. I am so proud of the both of you. Continuing on the family's tradition of learning magic. It almost makes me want to cry," Loki said to us, pretending to wipe a tear away from the corner of his eye.

Both Danny and me grew up loving Loki, or Uncle Loki as we call him sometimes. He always spoiled both of us and made sure that we had the best time when we spent the day with him. It wasn't until years later we found out what he done in New York, but I knew that it wasn't him who did it. It was the person who was controlling him and he has never stopped trying to make up for his actions. I knew a lot of people didn't trust him, making him use a glamour to disguise himself when he went out. But that didn't matter to me, he was my uncle Loki. The man who looked after my most prized toy when I was little and made sure that I got it back if it was the last thing he was going to do.