Chapter 112: The trial

The night before Harry's trail Remus had asked me if I could step up as Harry's temporary guardian again and accompany him to the ministry of magic

The night before Harry's trail Remus had asked me if I could step up as Harry's temporary guardian again and accompany him to the ministry of magic. Which of course I did, I mean I was going to go with him one way or another. At least now I didn't have to worry about sneaking out of the house.

So, I got up early the next morning and got dressed as if I was going to court. Everybody always told me that I looked like my dad but as I looked in the mirror at my reflection with my hair pulled back into a neat bun and my makeup applied flawlessly thanks to glamour magic, I couldn't help but see Mum's face looking back at me. Which gave me the confidence to walk into the ministry like I owned in and make sure that Harry got off his trumped-up charges. I mean if Mum could get her PDH and doctorate while raising me on her own before Dad came back, I could support Harry and maybe help him get off the charges.

"Okay, let's get going," I said as I waked down the stairs met up with Harry and Mr. Weasley so we could leave.

"Elsa, what are you doing?" Harry asked me with a confused look on his face.

"Didn't anyone tell you, Harry? Elsa is acting as your temporary guardian while at the ministry," Mr. Weasley said as he smiled warmly at me.

"Just like old times," I laughed as I wrapped my arm around Harry's shoulder with difficulty. If he kept growing at the pace he was, it wouldn't be long until he towered over me. Not that would be hard.

"Elsa, dear, have something to eat before you leave, won't you," Mrs. Weasley said as she tried to usher me into the kitchen.

"I would love to Mrs. Weasley but I over slept and I don't want to make Harry late," I said as I looked up at the clock on the wall that said it was quarter past six.

I could tell that Mrs. Weasley was going to insist that I stay and eat but Mr. Weasley came to my rescue.

"She's right, Molly. Since we have to travel by muggle transport, we should really get going," Mr. Weasley told her as he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

With a quick wave to Remus, Sirius and Tonks and a quick reminder from Mr. Weasley that I need to put on a coat so I didn't stand out on the cool, English summer morning, the three of us started out trip in to London.

 Weasley that I need to put on a coat so I didn't stand out on the cool, English summer morning, the three of us started out trip in to London