Chapter 20: End of year madness

The news of Harry Potter fighting Lord Voldemort spread through the school like wild fire

The news of Harry Potter fighting Lord Voldemort spread through the school like wild fire. A few months had passed since that day I told Harry that I would be there for him to the end of the line. People had slowly forgiven the three Gryffindor students and resigned themselves to the fact that we would all have to put up with Slytherin winning the house cup again. While I was fighting my internal battle of confessing my feeling to Cedric, Harry was fighting a very real battle against the monster who killed his parents. At least one of us had been victorious, Harry had defeated the Dark Lord for a second time but I had lost my battle, never telling Cedric how really felt.

When students were told Harry was able to have visitors, I headed straight to the hospital wing. I saw Professor Dumbledore walkout of the hospital wing, where I assumed he had just been visiting Harry. When he saw me, Professor Dumbledore smiled at me with that same mischievous glint in his eyes that he had the very first day that I met him. I smiled back at the Professor and waved as I walked into the Hospital wing.

Harry was the only student in the hospital wing and was sitting up in his bed. There were a few cuts and bruises on his face and right hand was bandaged. On the table at the end of his bed sat every type of candy imaginable, from Bertie Botts every flavor beans to licorice wands as well as a few opened packets of chocolate frogs which told me that Ron had been to visit at some point of time. Harry brightened up when he saw me walking over to him, making me smile. Taking off my robe, I saw down on the seat next to his bed.

"So, according to what the whole school is saying my dad isn't the only superhero that I know," I said, making the young boy blush.

"I'm not a superhero, I just did what was right," he said, ducking his head.

"I would have to disagree. You single handedly took down a maniacal racist who believed in blood purity and wanted to take over the whole, not caring who he had to kill to do it. That sound a lot like what my dad did during World War 2," I told Harry, making him blush even more.

"I mean, if you put it that way it sounds like it. But, really, I'm no hero," Harry said, embarrassed by the comparison.

"Well, were going to have to agree to disagree. But let's talk about the more important thing. That Voldemort was literally living on the back of Professor Quirrell's head and that Fred and George enchanted snowballs to follow him around, hitting Professor Quirrell continuously in the back of the head. So, in other words, Fred and George beat up the Dark Lord," I joked as Harry laughed at what I said.

"Now, Fred and George. They're the real superheroes," Harry laughed.

"Now that's something we can both agree on," I said to Harry as something on the end table caught my attention. "Harry, is that a toilet seat?"

 "Harry, is that a toilet seat?"