Chapter 13: The boy who lived

I was sitting on the Hogwarts express with Danny waiting for my friends to arrive

I was sitting on the Hogwarts express with Danny waiting for my friends to arrive. Cassy had decided to sit with her Gryffindor friends, Alicia Spinnet and Angelina Johnson. Not that Danny or me minded, the trip was a lot more pleasant when she wasn't causing a scene with her friends.

"When do you reckon the others will arrive," Danny asked, stroking his new owl, Titan who he named after his favourite NFL team.

"I don't know, soon I hope," I told him, playing with Freya who was on the floor of the compartment.

"I'm here! I really thought I was going to be late," Cedric said, completely out of breath as he ran into the compartment.

I couldn't help but notice the changes in my best friend from over the summer. Once again, he was taller but he had started to lose that little kid look we all had when we had started at Hogwarts. He had lost the lanky look he had from all the extra quidditch training he did over the summer break and his hair was a little longer. When he caught me looking at him, I blushed and quickly turned away.

"What's up, Rogers? Do I have something on my face or something," he laughed, pushing his hair out of his face.

"Nothing, just thinkin' you need to get a haircut Diggory," I tried to joke, curing how strong my southern drawl got when I was flustered.

Wow! Nice save... Not. You so have a crush on your other best friend.

I do not!

I mean, I couldn't. Right? I mean Cedric was my best friend. The only person outside my family I trusted enough to tell my secret to. There was no way I could have I crush on him. At least, that's what I kept telling myself.

"Hey guys! I'm here! Had a slight hold up with my brother Seamus. You can't take that kid anywhere!" Maggie said, as we all noticed that the bottom of her skirt was slightly burnt.

"Uh, Maggie. What happened?" Danny asked, nodding at her skirt.

"Let's just say I'm not looking forward to my brother starting school. He kinda blows things up...a lot."

Before we could ask her what she meant, the door opened and Henry walked in with Cho trailing behind him and standing in the doorway. The second Freya saw Cho, she hissed at the girl and ran into her open carrier and continued to growl at her.

"I'm sorry, she not normally like this," I told her, trying to calm Freya down.

"Oh, that's okay. I guess," Cho said, never taking her eyes off Cedric, "Can I sit with you guys?"

"Nope. That cat has spoken. Bye Cho," Henry said, pushing her out the door and slamming it closed behind him.

"That wasn't very nice," Maggie commented, glancing back at Cho who was still hovering just outside the door.

"Dude! She has been the biggest pain! Henry, can I sit with you more at Hogwarts? Henry, can you introduce me to one of your friends? Henry, what do you think your friends think of me? I've been going insane!"