Alaipayudhey

'His magic is powerful, intoxicating. I'm a butterfly caught in his net, unable and unwilling to escape.'

Mrs. Mohan: ava asinga pada pora nu sonne?? Naama dhaan asinga pattu nikkurom Monica...

Monica: vishayam theriyama pesadhe ma.. I gave her a gown which was transparent and flashy. Ava thideer nu yaaro oru designer eh pudichu ipdi pannuva nu yaar edhirpaathadhu??

Ava en kai le irundhu thappichite irukka..

Mrs. Mohan: Andha Adi avale katti pudichan paaru... Ennamo avanale ponnungale thoda mudiyadhu sonne.. Ippo nalla dhaane irukkan...

Monica: He was truly sick.. I have seen him getting sick with my own eyes.. I think Adi is cured now.. Nee pesadhe ma ini.. I know what to do..

First Adi ku naan dhaan Suhasini dress ku kuduthen nu theriya koodadhu...

Mrs. Mohan: ennamo po.. Ellam unga appave sollanum.. Avar dhaan un manasu le adi eh pidichuko nu sonnaru... Inniku nee avasthai ah padure...

Andha kezhavi ku kozhuppe paathiya?? Future queen ahm... Nee en ponnu maharani maari irukke.. Nee veanomam... Ava pitchaikaari.. Ava dhaan veanumom..

Monica: Mom keep your mouth shut... Nee enaku kekra maari dhaan pesure.. But if anyone listens to your rumble, then we can never enter the palace.. Marrying Adi will be a distant dream..

Mrs. Mohan: I don't think he likes you anymore.. He is completely swoon over her.

Monica: I know how to bring him back to me..

She hid her cunning smile...

-----

Empress: Suhasini..

Suhasini: your majesty..

She smiled as Suhasini used honorifics.

Empress: you just call me Empress grandma as you always do...

Suhasini: No your majesty.. I'm learning from Queen Mother.  I need to address you properly in front of people..

She came closer to her and whispered in her ears..

Suhasini: I will call you empress grandma in home..

Empress: ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Mrs. Mohan and Monica were fuming in anger. Monica truly felt like an outsider.. She stayed by his side for so long but she never got to talk with the empress. But that old lady was being so close to that lowlife. She despised them in her minds as her eyes roamed around the hall in search of Adi..

Adi was aware of Monica's presence. But he did not even greet her. He didn't like the way she was treating Suhasini. She always acted like a proper woman before his marriage. But these days, she really seemed different from what he knew about her.

Empress: enakaga oru paattu paaden..

Suhasini: which song your majesty??

Empress: something classical...

Suhasini: sari ungalkaga..

She sat down next to her... All the props were brought next to her..

Everyone was looking at her.. Adi looked excitingly at her..

Alaipaayudhae kannaa
En manam alaipaayudhae
Aanandha mogana venu gaanamadhil

His heart wavered at the song she chose to sing. Her voice was resonating in that whole hall. She had her eyes closed and let everyone feel her breeze..