Future King Conceived

'There are people who plotted against you who didn't know how you survived.'

Sena received a letter from her brother that morning. She was in touch with him through letters. Her education made it easy for her to write letters. That's the only far it reached.

Dear sister,

I am happy to know that you started serving the queen. The days of your misery are going to end soon. You will get married to Satyadev.

I have a plan for you to make your way to him. You cannot just go and introduce yourself in front of him.

From your letter, I can see that he is fond of his new wife. Every man is that way with women. Once he gets close to you, he will forget her. You need to work hard for it. But I totally trust your love.

His letter continued to elaborate their plan. She looked at it with conviction and made up her mind.

She always covered her face with a veil in the palace. When questioned, she explained that she had a scar which she didn't want to reveal.

She was able to see Satyadev a few times. However, she didn't reach out to him for two reasons. One - her brother asked her not to and two - he was always in his wife's arms.

Soon, one news killed her joy altogether.

As she was working in the inner palace, she got the news very early.

A fellow maid informed her 'You know something, our queen is pregnant. I'm so happy.'

Sena: what's it in you for you to be so happy?

Maid: Our queen is so benevolent and kind. Our king is a good man. They treat us like their family.

You were serving in Kitchen. Didn't she bring you under her wing?

Sena: Yes. She really saved me from my misery.

She said with vengeance in her heart.

If not for her, I would have married my Dev long ago.

Satyadev and Iniyal were delighted to know about her pregnancy. He treated her like a treasure. They didn't know then that their happiness would be short-lived.

Iniyal visited her parents family on a weekend. Satyadev stayed in the inner palace assigned for his queen as he missed her.

One particular night, the chamber was filled with candles.

Satyadev: What is the purpose of these many candles?

Veiled Sena responded.

Sena: As you miss her highness, we thought to light the candles. Please tell me if you want us to put them off.

Satyadev: Leave them. Never mind. Everybody can retire. I want to be alone.

She nodded and left with the other maids. She was smiling as her plan was turning the way she wanted.

She only had few days to reach her goal. She had to work on it.

Satyadev felt uncomfortable in the bed. He was feeling hot and thirsty. The scent of the candles did something to him. A long time had passed when he realised that there was an aphrodisiac mixed in the air.

He saw someone entering the chamber and he wasn't able to see the face of that person. After a point of time, he recognised the person before him. It was his wife.

Satyadev: Iniya...

Sena: You're still calling for her...

She whispered.