Waiting for his moment

'Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act.'

Suhasini finished her work quickly and went to pick up Nasya from School on that day. She waited in car outside the gates.

Nasya walked out with a caucasian boy. He looked like a foreigner. Suhasini got down and Nasya ran towards her with her backpack.

Suhasini: Don't run, baby... Mommy is coming for you... Vizha pore...

'Mommy???'

She heard a female voice and turned towards her. She was not able to identify that woman.

Nasya: That is Monica aunty, Mommy.. She is Yash's mother..

Monica... That name reminded her of someone..

Suhasini: Is she the ex-girlfriend of Adi??

That lady reached her with the boy in her hand.

Monica: Hey Suhasini, I hope you remember me..

She just nodded her head..

Monica: I know I did a lot in the past.. Nee kovama irukradhu le thappu illa...

Unnai dhoorathule irundhu paathen... Vandhu kekama irukka mudiyale... I hope you are doing good...

Suhasini: I'm... I hope you are doing good too...

Monica: Yes yes... Convey my regards to Adi... I will come with Yash to your home after sometime.. Take care...

Nasya kutty... Bye bye...

She kissed the baby on cheeks and left...

Suhasini was so confused with her words. What did she mean by the things she did in past??

Suhasini: Are they really in good terms now???

Nasya: Who Mommy???

She looked at her baby...

Suhasini: Darling... Answer me honestly.. Does Monica aunty visit us often???

Nasya: yes... Whenever Yash comes to play with me...

Suhasini: How often it is???

Nasya: once a month... Mommy I'm tired...

Suhasini: I'm sorry babe.. let's go back to home..

Suhasini did not feel any animosity from Monica with this interaction. But she was still wary of her. It might be her subconscious mind.

They both reached home soon. Suhasini helped her with homework and made her dinner.

Even though Adi worked in the office next to their house, it was so rare for him to visit in the work hours. He always reached home only after Nasya went to bed.

He entered the house and all the lights were off for some strange reason. He slowly went upstairs and opened the door of master bedroom.

He could see a person lying on bed. She seemed asleep. He went near the dresser and started removing his coat.

As he turned around, he saw her standing close to him.

Adi: What are you doing??? Aren't you sleeping??

Suhasini: Did you get scared???

Adi: No... I knew the moment you got out of bed. What happened with your face???

Did something happen today??

He sat down on chair and pulled her on his lap.

Suhasini: I went to Nasya's school...