Sick

'Happiness is... When you are sick, and your partner takes care of you.'

In the middle of night, Suhasini woke up from her sleep due to some mutters from Adi. She found him shivering in cold.

She tried to wake him up. But he did not open his eyes and she started worrying. She then called Kishore.

Kishore: Enna Madam ji... Ippo dhaan veetuku vandhen...

Suhasini: Doctor.. Adi is running a high fever..

Kishore: oh.. Temperature paathingala???

Suhasini: let me see.. Wait..

She then searched for the thermometer and placed it in his mouth... She then rushed to the phone..

Suhasini: Kishore.. Its 101°F..

Kishore then told her to give him some medicine.

Kishore: Don't worry your highness.. His highness can bear until 103°F... His usual rash medications gives him fever of 103°+.. So call me when it goes beyond 103°..

Suhasini: Will he be fine??

Kishore: You can help him if you wish.. Make him sweat..

He hid his smile..

Suhasini: Adi elinchadhum.. First unga seat dhaan kizhiya podhu...

Kishore: Mannichurunga Maharani...

Suhasini: Okay.. Please stay awake..

Kishore: I will...

-----

She turned around to see Adi looking so pale. He was really adamant and petty when it came to her. She sighed and brought a towel and water. She then placed the wet towel on his forehead.

She changed them repeatedly to reduce his temperature. But it did not reduce and thankfully it didn't rise either. He was muttering something inaudibly.

His phone started ringing suddenly. Suhasini looked at his phone and found Monica calling him..

Irukka prachanai le iva vera...

She mentally sighed and then attended the call..

Monica: Adi... I'm sorry..

Suhasini: Adi is not available..

Monica: not available na?? Why are you attending his phone??

Suhasini: because it was on my bedside..

Even though it sounded ambiguous, it was the truth.

Monica was frustrated but she did not say anything to Suhasini as she wanted to mend bridges with Adi..

Monica: Naan Adi kitte pesanum...

Suhasini: Sorry.. Truly he cannot speak to you right now..

Aahhhh....

She dropped the phone on bed when he pulled her.. He hugged her as he felt so cold...

Suhasini: Adi... Adi... Vidu... Enna aachi???

He mumbled in a lower volume..

Adi: kulurudhu...

Suhasini: okay... Don't worry.. Come here...

She called him to come closer and hugged him to her bosom and covered them in a thick blanket..

But he hugged her more tighter and he touched her bare skin under her shirt..