Dying Sun

'I'm here for you.
Right now.
Tomorrow.
And every single day after that.'

Adi reached the forest by evening. The day was coming to an end and the moon started showing its face in the sky. That particular forest located near the borders of the country. It was filled with endangered species. Adi was well aware of the ruffians guarding the forest. They were elites who had real life experience in surviving such forests. However, he was familiar with this part of the country as he had inspected every forest and mountain in the country during his military days.

He got down from his jeep dressed in a camouflage attire, he had no weaponry on him. His movements were so agile and there was no sound made as he entered the jungle. A few meters into the forest, he noticed the booby traps which were set for him. His speciality in military was to escape from these booby traps.

He easily removed the first one and noticed two ruffians on the tree top. He slowly climbed from the behind and twisted their necks without letting them make any noises. He then retrieved their bow and arrows and looked around that region.

Many of his enemies were sitting on trees as the land was filled with traps. He slowly placed an arrow in bow and aimed at the ruffians. His aiming was so accurate as around 30 soldiers in that region fell to the ground.

Few of them fell on those traps which led to mine detonation. Adi waited patiently and looked around like a tiger waiting for its prey.

He noticed few guards running towards the region where the mines exploded before. He hawked their movements to find the safest path without traps. He slowly climbed down and set something on ground, and started walking towards the opposite direction in which the guards came, as the guards were searching in that area for him.

He stepped on dried leaves which made a sound to bring their attention towards him.

Guard 1: Anga edho sattham kekudhu...

Guard 2: Ama Inga sethu irukradhu ellam namma aalunga dhaan... Avan namma kitte irundhu escape aaguran...

Other guards followed them.

Guard 1: Traps le kaal vekkama paathu nadanga... Aaahhhhh...

Guard 2: Ennachi???

Guard 1: Inga yaaru indha chinna kuzhi eh vettunadhu???

Guard 2: idhu Kai le thonduna maari irukku... Dai nagaradhe... You're bitten by viper. Oru chinna viper eh spike le katti moodi vechitu poirukkan...

He then looked around and informed all the guards over walkie talkie...

Guard 2: Stay alert... Robert is hurt... Bitten by a snake. Our enemy is a strong guy... He crossed this region and it looks like he knew this area well. We are following him. Stay alert in your original position.

Bitten guard soon lost his consciousness in a few minutes. Guard 2 asked others to follow him leaving the wounded guard in the spot.

Guard 2: vaanga da...

Guards: Naanga varale... Avan indha vazhi le innum traps vechirundha??? Engalku bayama irukku... Robert already poi sendhuruvan pola. Avan paathu black mamba ve katitu poirukkan...

We don't want to die tonight....

They started walking towards a different direction which also led to their death.

Adi was able to immobilize the guards on his way however he was aware that he was in no match to 500 men. In reality, he was one man against 500 guards in that forest. He continued towards his path. He would have crossed almost 100 members of the opposite faction.